Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Inactive Staff
Hey, they're only human.
Need help with graphics or Photoshop? Feel free to PM.
[Image: 746c52b5.png]
MSN: Kriminal@Lumbridge.net
(02-23-2011, 03:19 PM)Kriminal Wrote: Hey, they're only human.

Not really an excuse.
(02-23-2011, 04:27 PM)Laugh Wrote: Not really an excuse.

I don't think your on most hours of the day, so I wouldn't be complaining. Cut them some slack, they have lives too.
Need help with graphics or Photoshop? Feel free to PM.
[Image: 746c52b5.png]
MSN: Kriminal@Lumbridge.net
Guys, Just leave it.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(02-23-2011, 07:38 PM)Kriminal Wrote: I don't think your on most hours of the day, so I wouldn't be complaining. Cut them some slack, they have lives too.

When you haven't been online for nearly month, that isn't "having a life." That's just forgetting about the forums.

I check in at least once per day and am often on 2-3 hours. I don't check in once per month.

Why are you defending them? "Oh they have lives." So do I, and I come here anyway and it's not my job. It is their job to come here, and some of them still don't.
(referring to trilo and elekstrick)
They have lives is a statment completely irrelevant to their position. They made a choice to stick with their mod responsabilities, and if members who are committed to that higher rank can't exceed or live up to those expectations and responsabilities of being a moderator then they shouldn't have become a mod in the first place. That's the way I view it. If you are a moderator, you are expected to be active and do your job.

It's like having a real job, but you don't get paid for it. There's plenty of other people that could be nominated for moderator positions if needed, but in the end it's up to Omni. It wouldn't be fair to those who are active to let people who are less committed take over that responsability.

That is the way that i'll sum up everything.

(02-23-2011, 02:56 PM)Shock Wrote: When can this be closed?

There is really no point to it...

There may be a point to it, even if nothing changes on this site, I believe that it would be beneficial for other forum administrators to have a view at this discussion to help their view on what a moderators responsibility should be. You can choose to contribute to the discussion to help others out, or you can make more small posts like that in this thread.

But I really think that even the discussion alone could help other forum webmasters out for administering their forum with a forum team.
(02-23-2011, 08:09 PM)Infinity Wrote: They have lives is a statment completely irrelevant to their position. They made a choice to stick with their mod responsabilities, and if members who are committed to that higher rank can't exceed or live up to those expectations and responsabilities of being a moderator then they shouldn't have become a mod in the first place. That's the way I view it. If you are a moderator, you are expected to be active and do your job.

It's like having a real job, but you don't get paid for it. There's plenty of other people that could be nominated for moderator positions if needed, but in the end it's up to Omni. It wouldn't be fair to those who are active to let people who are less committed take over that responsability.

That is the way that i'll sum up everything.

There may be a point to it, even if nothing changes on this site, I believe that it would be beneficial for other forum administrators to have a view at this discussion to help their view on what a moderators responsibility should be. You can choose to contribute to the discussion to help others out, or you can make more small posts like that in this thread.

But I really think that even the discussion alone could help other forum webmasters out for administering their forum with a forum team.

Small Posts...
HAHA.

I make one post that is just pointing out that this thread has no point except arguing back and forth and you jump on it.

Check all of my other posts.

I am almost sure that 90% of them are all HQ.

Anyways, There is really no point to the arguing in this thread.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(02-23-2011, 08:14 PM)Shock Wrote: Small Posts...
HAHA.

I make one post that is just pointing out that this thread has no point except arguing back and forth and you jump on it.

It was an example. Why'd you get defensive?
(02-23-2011, 08:14 PM)Shock Wrote: Small Posts...
HAHA.

This one?

(02-23-2011, 07:56 PM)Shock Wrote: Guys, Just leave it.

I didn't mean to offend you, but i'm pointing something out, you could help contribute to the discussion as well.
I'll put an end to it here. We've all made our views clear.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Staff? King 73 10,519 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Hazard
  Welcome Damink to Staff Omniscient 34 5,271 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Hazard
  No staff today? InfamousKnight 7 1,702 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Why am I not staff? Sam 22 3,927 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Welcome Jay, to the Staff team. Sam 53 16,766 10-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Magiic™