Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why i can't edit my post anymore
I have noticed that there is a new pluging installed that prevent people from editing there posts after 24 hr pass.

@Omni
At least let us edit our posts until you set the VIP membership and you can make this pluging working again
Gah, I hate that plugin. Sometimes you go to sleep, go out for the day, come back and re-read your post and realise you don't make sense.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
The edit time is default at 0 (unlimited). I have set it for 24 hours as I do with all my forums.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
It would be nice to edit our posts at anytime. But it's not my forum, so it's upto Omni.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(10-16-2009, 07:45 PM)Codine Wrote: It would be nice to edit our posts at anytime. But it's not my forum, so it's upto Omni.

That's usually left for people with a paid subscription {it was on HF}. I assume this will be a benefit of the SF subscription that is soon to come.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

I also liked it last week, when it seemed that there was no limit, but if it's set at 24 hours now, we'll just have to make sure that any future threads/posts that we are going to make,
are correct in the first place, so maybe this could inspire us to think a little more carefully before we post anything, so in that respect, I believe it's a good idea.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
(10-16-2009, 08:41 PM)UID=0 Wrote: I also liked it last week, when it seemed that there was no limit, but if it's set at 24 hours now, we'll just have to make sure that any future threads/posts that we are going to make,
are correct in the first place, so maybe this could inspire us to think a little more carefully before we post anything, so in that respect, I believe it's a good idea.

Well, it's nice to be able to edit tutorials ect. if someone tips you on useful things to add. An example would be a list of good firewalls.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(10-16-2009, 08:43 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Well, it's nice to be able to edit tutorials ect. if someone tips you on useful things to add. An example would be a list of good firewalls.

I do agree with you on that point, and quite often would have liked to have made an amendment,
here or there, elsewhere.

I don't truly understand why it needs to be locked after a period
of 24 hours though, not having any knowledge about how such a site
like this is run, but in an ideal situation, it would be good to be able to edit a thread/post at any time.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
Just PM a mod that is online if you want something edited.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
From my experience. Lets say you have a contributor that gets shitty with the forum and comes back one day and changes all his posts to bad stuff etc. I have had it happen and do understand why. The limit on time. Well one would have to say on a forum like this 24 hrs could be a long time with many posts made afterwards and many quotes and references made to OP. So i think although its a bit rough its a needed tool for staff.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commenting on a thread isn't a post anymore? Chelloa 7 1,412 09-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Support Forums Sorry but you cannot edit your post. The Administrator has........... Closed 5 992 11-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Omniscient
  The "View New Post" Page should automatically refresh every time there is a new post. nevets04 17 3,042 11-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Last Post: UID=0
  EDIT/DELETE! Headshot 13 1,574 10-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Grizzly
  Edit Posts R3c0nna1ssanc3 0 427 10-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Last Post: R3c0nna1ssanc3