Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Police Support.
(02-19-2011, 07:29 PM)Mao Wrote: If your local station is the friendly type, I guess so. But I've been to some towns where the police are such hardasses.

Would you want it any other way? Especially if they have to deal with a lot of crap every day. Would you rather they go soft on people... It's the the little laws which they have to police which is easily avoided by civilians, but they continually do the same stuff.

For example, in Australia it's illegal to ride a bike without a helmet. How hard is it to chuck one on...

But anyways

/rant

Cheers
I disagree and agree.
They can be helpful, yet they can't and end up making the problem worse.
They can do alot of work, yet they can be lazy.
They could take what you said wrongly and put someone in a bad position.
Disagree, police won't do crap here.

Not to mention, that would mess up things even more. Also not a lot of people are mad enough to actually give their family to cops, even if they abuse them.
Its just doesn't work that way. Best way still is to talk your way out of all that, always worked for me.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(02-19-2011, 10:17 PM)Snookerbro Wrote: Would you want it any other way? Especially if they have to deal with a lot of crap every day. Would you rather they go soft on people... It's the the little laws which they have to police which is easily avoided by civilians, but they continually do the same stuff.

For example, in Australia it's illegal to ride a bike without a helmet. How hard is it to chuck one on...

But anyways

/rant

Cheers

Good point. Although here in the Philippines, some policemen can be very disrespectful and abusive of their powers.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
There are times, where Police can be your only help, this again depends on your place and the community you live in.

Up until now in my life, I only once called the Police and they waren't really helpful.
Police can protect you, for a while, if you really depend ontheir protection, but this protection in many cases comes way too late.
IMO the Police in any State can't really enforce the laws, they sure try, but they just can't.
While they catch 1 person, 10 others do much worse crimes, so as far as it goes, I will never trust the Police in any given situation.
I do Respect every single Police Officer in any City and Country that I used to be.

If a Person is a Victim of a Crime, they'll most probably go to the local authorities, which in other case will not really be able to help. They will mostly do their best, but in this world and at this time, that is simply not enough.

Best ways of Protection are, Martial Arts combined with deadly weapons, so as many before me said, I rely on myself.
An example;

A year ago, I was stopped by the police, and I was carrying an illegal weapon ( so they say ), it was a knife, not matter which one, it was simply good for protection. ;)
They found the knife and confiscated it, and I got another charge....
Later on that day, few friends and I were caught up in a situation where a dude pulled out a knife. (irony)
As it turns out later, the dude was a gangsta wanna be and scared to use the knife, he was trying to scare us. However, I didn't know the dude so I didn't know what he will do with it.
There was a chance he might use it actually, and I were standing there with my bare hands to protect me, thanks to the Police.

So any way, all a person can do is go and cry to the Police, you can't call them during a crime, and if, they would reach the destination at time.

Martial Arts and Weapons, deadly weapons are only protection that someone can rely on.
Police is there so you can go and tell them, "I got robbed".... The crime was done, the damge was made, and they can't do crap about it.
Police is the last resource for me.
Matters where you got an disagreement or some other kind quarrel which can't be resolved by talking police is your best bet.
But when you're mugged on the street or you have a burglar in your house you really can't wait for the police.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
Have you guys seen the "COPS" series with the Bad Boys theme song? They do face some depressing situations.
(02-22-2011, 02:15 AM)Gaijin Wrote: Martial Arts, Selfdefense and Weapond, deadly weapons are only protection that someone can rely on.

Good sir, Martial Arts is selfdefence, I wouldn't like people thinking otherwise.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(02-22-2011, 06:31 AM)NekoChan Wrote: Good sir, Martial Arts is selfdefence, I wouldn't like people thinking otherwise.

Yeah good point there, I typed to fast....removed...
Personally, for civil issues.. I would start at City Hall. Family issues I would start at a therapist, and for criminal issues I would go to police station.

They usually are friendly if you haven't done anything wrong, unless they are butthead cops.
[Image: baked1.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I live in constat fear of the police Zeon 60 18,658 10-25-2010, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Mother, beat up by the police. php 61 14,706 06-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Last Post: TomC