Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GamerCore - Need Criticism, Staff, and Writers.
Well this is the first time I've attempted to launch a serious website so I'm going to take all the criticism I can get. The top image thing on the homepage is still in development, but it is intended to be a feature in the final product so I enabled it.

http://www.gamercore.net

The site is designed to be a resource for gamers. It will have reviews, news, videos, livestreams, discussion, and much more. So please give me tips / criticism whether it be about the navigation, layout, forum, etc. Anything I can get. Thanks.
It is a pretty good website, but...
1. Just above the text "front page", there's a large banner with some pictures of games. I think it should be less wide and why do the pictures redirect to http://gamercore.net/# ? They should redirect to the game from the picture, no?

2. At the top, the logo of GamerCore is tinier then the banner next to it. I suggest to move the banner to to the down and make the logo bigger and put it in the center.

That's all!
Hope I helped you Smile
[Image: evidence2.png]
I'm bumping it up for you, if you don't mind.
Edit: hmm... I see you removed the banner mentioned in point 2.
Maybe its better without it Smile
Idk.
I don't mind, but I didn't remove the banner.. o_O
RyanDeming.com - Internet Marketing Blog
Read, Learn from, and Share my blog.
(02-18-2011, 08:53 AM)Astrael Wrote: I don't mind, but I didn't remove the banner.. o_O
Whoops I mean the banner mentioned in point 1.
Yeah, that's just a feature I'm in the process of developing. I take it down when I'm not actively working on it. It's going to link to 4 important articles with big pictures. The blank space that was on the right will have some site news & a shoutcast. o_O
(02-18-2011, 09:09 AM)Astrael Wrote: Yeah, that's just a feature I'm in the process of developing. I take it down when I'm not actively working on it. It's going to link to 4 important articles with big pictures. The blank space that was on the right will have some site news & a shoutcast. o_O
nice, let me know when you're done, or if you want some advice Smile
I like website overview,but the design/overview pretty sucks,everything is good instead that,good job.
You're site needs a lot more work, I suggest you get a SYS Admin or a MyBB expert to help you out.
(02-20-2011, 09:03 PM)Mystic Guru Wrote: You're site needs a lot more work, I suggest you get a SYS Admin or a MyBB expert to help you out.

How would a MyBB expert contribute to a vB forum other than with general knowledge of how to set the forum up in a way that will attract members?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DizzyForums | IPB | Recruiting staff | Free Upgrade OpenSSL 0 420 06-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  DizzyForums | IPB | Recruiting staff | Free Upgrade ocherries 0 419 06-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Last Post: ocherries
  WriterBB - For Writers & Readers GAF 14 1,960 02-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: GAF
  AdminsBB - A web masters ground! [Need Staff] HeyDev 4 874 08-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Last Post: HeyDev
  DeForums | De Place To Be | Need Staff | Look | Devoted 1 716 07-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Sam