Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
♥ ♥ ♥ Review Please ♥ ♥ ♥
Please review my site.
Thanks.

http://vrsforums.com
[Image: imtBbq.png]
Is the name of the forum based on the forum owner?
It looks good to me, don't have recommendations
(02-14-2011, 08:37 AM)Eve Wrote: Is the name of the forum based on the forum owner?

Yes.
Way... too many forums. You won't continue your activity levels at a decent rate for success with that many topics. And there's already a million website forums like this (general forums). SF is one of the first examples, however, it seems that everyone who makes a website has to make a forum, that is a reproduction of SF. All of the tabs and forum topics are fairly similar.

I can almost guess that whenever I see someone make a forum for review in this area that it is going to be like a miniature SupportForums. The chances of getting a really successful forum out of that website that you have there is 1/1000.

Try to stick to something unique
With over 130+ guests in one day, I guess you're much more successful than most forums - though the actual number of members could be higher. Even if the general forum "market" is very saturated, if you can find a core group of like 10-15 members, you should be able to grow.

What I would change:

Font (doesn't appear very crisp on my screen - Chrome on a 11" netbook)
AdBrite Ads (normally very annoying, and this is no exception)

Good luck!
Want to discuss Google's new Nexus 7 tablet?
Want to try and win Google Play credits and Nexus 7 cases?

Nexus 7 Forums
Maybe it's just me but the forum runs very slowly. I think it is due to the advertisements you have at the bottom of the page.

The motto at the top is a bit cheesy. Tongue

Other than that, it looks as if it has potential.
(02-14-2011, 11:32 AM)Infinity Wrote: Way... too many forums. You won't continue your activity levels at a decent rate for success with that many topics. And there's already a million website forums like this (general forums). SF is one of the first examples, however, it seems that everyone who makes a website has to make a forum, that is a reproduction of SF. All of the tabs and forum topics are fairly similar.

I can almost guess that whenever I see someone make a forum for review in this area that it is going to be like a miniature SupportForums. The chances of getting a really successful forum out of that website that you have there is 1/1000.

Try to stick to something unique

Thanks for your honest review. Sleep

(02-14-2011, 06:15 PM)Deltron Wrote: Maybe it's just me but the forum runs very slowly. I think it is due to the advertisements you have at the bottom of the page.

The motto at the top is a bit cheesy. Tongue

Other than that, it looks as if it has potential.

I'm indeed considering removing the advertisements shortly. Thanks for the feedback. Thumbsup

(02-14-2011, 05:38 PM)Quinlan Wrote: With over 130+ guests in one day, I guess you're much more successful than most forums - though the actual number of members could be higher. Even if the general forum "market" is very saturated, if you can find a core group of like 10-15 members, you should be able to grow.

What I would change:

Font (doesn't appear very crisp on my screen - Chrome on a 11" netbook)
AdBrite Ads (normally very annoying, and this is no exception)

Good luck!

I have no idea why, but the font doesn't look good only in Chrome. They are perfect in Firefox and Safari.
And thank you. I hope the site grows. Oui
One other thing - I've never been much of a fan for the upper bar a number of forums use. I've missed it multiple times for different forums since it blends in a bit too well (once again, using Chrome). However, I was able to sign up.
Want to discuss Google's new Nexus 7 tablet?
Want to try and win Google Play credits and Nexus 7 cases?

Nexus 7 Forums
(02-14-2011, 08:13 PM)Quinlan Wrote: One other thing - I've never been much of a fan for the upper bar a number of forums use. I've missed it multiple times for different forums since it blends in a bit too well (once again, using Chrome). However, I was able to sign up.

The tabs make a forum look more organised and clean imo. Confused
Thanks for signing up btw. Oui

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Please Review]Runetutor.net[Please Review] Thomas 5 1,619 05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Pk3r_Pjer