Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different place?
After all the Internet issues, I (correctly is my mum) switched to att U-verse. When I go to a speedtest, I found I'm in a different place (New Jersay). wtf
I don't see the issue here. Is your Internet not working? Otherwise what does it matter that it says New Jersey instead of wherever you are from. It could just be where the main signal is coming from.
I wish I knew what you were saying. Do you not live by NJ?
Yes I'm living somewhere else.
Wait it out for your Modem to update.
It could be because of where your internet originates is in New Jersey.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(10-04-2011, 04:08 PM)Untouch Wrote: It could be because of where your internet originates is in New Jersey.
I don't think that is how it would work since Speedtest.net displays in IP Address which traces his Location. His location is not in New Jersey. Probably he needs to just wait till his Modem updates location. Happened to me when I switched to Comcast.

(10-04-2011, 05:59 PM)John. Wrote: I don't think that is how it would work since Speedtest.net displays in IP Address which traces his Location. His location is not in New Jersey. Probably he needs to just wait till his Modem updates location. Happened to me when I switched to Comcast.

Thats what I think after a while, now it made clear. Thanks