Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Choosing a Laptop
(10-05-2009, 04:51 AM)DarkSel Wrote: Alienware laptops are ridiculously overpriced for the same components you could build yourself for much less.

Reminds me of a mac. But no, Alienware laptops give you what you pay for.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
Alienware is owned by dell if you don't know that.

Ive never owned an alienware computer, But I have read/heard that they are excellent quality.
Please add acer, they are my favorite laptop brand.
I hate dell, bought a xps m1330 , specs max out. Overheats and slows down. Sent to dell twice. Motherboard (2x), heatsink(3X) , dvd drive replaced. Still freaking heating like bitch . $1600 waisted.
I recommend Toshiba, its laptops are very energy efficient and usually have good preference (for the price).
I'm not crazy about Dell laptops. Aside from other problems, their laptop keyboards literally feel spongy!

Most of my laptops are HPs, but I've been leaning towards Acer more lately.
(10-05-2009, 04:51 AM)St0rmW1nd Wrote: Alienware laptops are ridiculously overpriced for the same components you could build yourself for much less.

Since when can you built a laptop by yourself?
A good independent company (if you live in the UK) is http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/ .
I second the acer request, good if you only need something to web browse,chat,music and really cheap. the aspire 8760 is only like $300
Dell and Sager's are good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [help] Choosing laptop Montana" 17 3,066 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Montana"