Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Choosing a Laptop
By the name I'm guessing it would be some weird Chinese company.
Lol, they looked pretty legit. I see their ads in PC World and all of that.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
Im using a pavilion series at the moment and it is great, real good for gaming as i can run crysis on mid settings.
How 'bout Sony?

Good guide by the way.
I'll add Sony because their Vaio line of laptops are amazing.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
What's your opinion on Lenovo? (aka IBM)
I'd say they're pretty good, but they lack in the hardware department. Great durability and overall functionality though.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
Yup, I have one, it's not a beast (C2D 2.1 ghz, 2mb cache 3GB RAM integrated video) but then again I don't use it for games, and it only cost me ~550 USD.
Haven't had any mess ups with it so far (knock on wood) All hardware worked on ubuntu right away, the only problem I have is static coming out of a microphone sometimes after you hibernate. (which is a driver problem, not a hardware problem, since it can be fixed by selecting a different driver and then selecting the one you had back)
What about the worlds 3rd biggest computer manufacture? Acer Tongue Imho they are the best.
Alienware laptops are ridiculously overpriced for the same components you could build yourself for much less.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [help] Choosing laptop Montana" 17 3,066 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Montana"