Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Choosing a Laptop
(10-06-2009, 08:21 PM)D3N Wrote: Since when can you built a laptop by yourself?

HeheHehe
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
I hate Dells.
(10-03-2009, 09:15 PM)Keyreaper Wrote: You should add in the Alienware Laptops for those gamers. That's all I'd like to add.

Alienware is awesome.

Else, I use Toshiba.
Check my specs under my posts.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

Nice post, I'm sure it will be very helpful to members.

By the way, I'd love to get my hands on an Alienware M17x. Just saying. Although I like the look of the Dell XPS m1730.
[Image: arch2.png]
(10-03-2009, 09:14 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: Well, to start the section off I thought I'd help some people wanting to buy laptops! I'll start of by saying this from experience: Laptops are nice but they have limitations. Such as if you want to game on a laptop, don't expect the best in portability or the best battery life. So if you want a laptop, be VERY WEARY OF WHAT YOU'RE BUYING!

1.) Choosing the Manufacturer
Ok, well, there are many people out there who make laptops. Such as voodoo, Apple, Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, and Falcon Northwest. Each have their ups and downs, but I'll give you a good look at what you can expect in a simple chart:

Apple: Durable, looks nice, but not much in the customization area

Asus: Great all around product, and their show stopper is the EEEPC

Dell: crap customer support but the XPS M13 series is a great laptop

HP: All around good stuff but not that great on reliability. EG) pavillion series = good, anything else = bad, in my opinion

Falcon Northwest: Great laptop, and very VERY fast. Very expensive though. First to ever get an intel i7 into a laptop.

Toshiba: Not mentioned much, but great for casual use.

Sony: Great laptop overall. Great build quality.
There are many types of laptops, Some for portability such as a netbook, and some for gaming such as an Alienware MX17. to be honest, if you want to game, play on a desktop. But if you are REALLY set on a laptop for it, then go for a Falcon-Northwest or an Alienware. They are fast, have great durability, and are over all pretty nice the only problem with Alienware is dumb customer support. If you want an all-around performer get a dell XPS M1530 or M1330. It's all up to your preference.

That's pretty much all I can think of. If you want me to add anything just tell me.

Sorry to say but most of the one you listed as casual or okay computers are nothing but crap Roflmao .Dell Sucks, Toshiba sucks, Sony Vaios, not saying you put this in but Sony's lack of the use of good quality part's, that stand up to a "Casual Use". Glad that you said HP's suck.
i use toshiba, its average for gaming, im a gamer, wouldve gotten a alienware, but didnt have the cash
I use Dell Vostro 1500. It works good for me Smile
I use HP ProBook 4710s, and it works great.... Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [help] Choosing laptop Montana" 17 3,066 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Montana"