Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get rid of Love-Handles?
Hello SF,

Just to note, this topic is not for me. This is about my girlfriend who wants to lose her love handles or cut back on them, I'm not too sure. I told her she shouldn't worry about it too much but hey.

Anyways, I was just wondering if you guys could give me some advice to tell her, some tips and what not. I don't know if you need some information about her or what, if you do feel free to ask. I will not post any pictures, don't ask, I'll give you the basics though.

Build: Kind of hard to explain, shes only about 5'1 or 5'2 weighing 120 pounds. You can feel muscles in her stomach.
Height: 5'2
Weight: 120 pounds

Don't really know what else to put Tongue

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Jordan
Ask her how fast her metabolism is, depending on that answer we can go from there.
(01-23-2011, 10:43 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Ask her how fast her metabolism is, depending on that answer we can go from there.

Well, she can eat and eat and not gain any weight. Does that answer your question?

The way she eats, she should be like my weight haha.
(01-23-2011, 10:45 AM)Plick Wrote: Well, she can eat and eat and not gain any weight. Does that answer your question?

The way she eats, she should be like my weight haha.

Then what she needs to do is get some exercise but keep eating lot's of food, if she slowed down her eating her metabolism would react in the same way, defeating the purpose of any diet really. She could focus on some ab/core workouts, even as basic as situps everyday, then some cardio like running, even a decently long walk.
(01-23-2011, 10:53 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Then what she needs to do is get some exercise but keep eating lot's of food, if she slowed down her eating her metabolism would react in the same way, defeating the purpose of any diet really. She could focus on some ab/core workouts, even as basic as situps everyday, then some cardio like running, even a decently long walk.

Oh alright. Now she should eat healthy foods, cut back on the junk food but keep eating? So she can do like X sit-ups (How much do you recommend a day and how many times a week), and any other things you can recommend that she can do? Shes just a tiny thing. I always go for walks with her, she doesn't particularly like to jog or walk since it is the winter time and there is a lot of snow.

I'm just trying to get as much information as I can to help her out, thanks!
She seems to have a perfectly fine figure as of what youve described of her?
She doesnt need to lose weight.
(01-23-2011, 11:03 AM)Tyler8746 Wrote: She seems to have a perfectly fine figure as of what youve described of her?
She doesnt need to lose weight.

That's what I'm saying but she doesn't like her love handles, I said there is nothing wrong with them and she looks beautiful but she is a woman, she always worries. It's hard to explain, I love her body but yeah.
(01-23-2011, 10:57 AM)Plick Wrote: Oh alright. Now she should eat healthy foods, cut back on the junk food but keep eating? So she can do like X sit-ups (How much do you recommend a day and how many times a week), and any other things you can recommend that she can do? Shes just a tiny thing. I always go for walks with her, she doesn't particularly like to jog or walk since it is the winter time and there is a lot of snow.

I'm just trying to get as much information as I can to help her out, thanks!

There's no harm in doing situps daily, ultimately she is going to want to start at whatever number she can do comfortably in a row and do 3-5 sets of that. Then try increasing that number every day.

If a walk is a hassle she could even consider getting a month at a gym? Plenty even offer a free week trial so you can see if that's what she would prefer.

Yes eating healthier is a good idea but she is still going to want to eat just as often as she normally does, if she has a midnight snack right before bed, she should consider skipping that or replacing it with "filler" foods such as celery that consume more energy when eating them than they supply you with.

When exercising she is going to want to take in plenty of protein but not so much fat, things like a BBQed chicken breast are high in protein but low in fat, rice is also a good side that doesn't contain fat but does have essential carbs etc.
(01-23-2011, 11:19 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: There's no harm in doing situps daily, ultimately she is going to want to start at whatever number she can do comfortably in a row and do 3-5 sets of that. Then try increasing that number every day.

If a walk is a hassle she could even consider getting a month at a gym? Plenty even offer a free week trial so you can see if that's what she would prefer.

Yes eating healthier is a good idea but she is still going to want to eat just as often as she normally does, if she has a midnight snack right before bed, she should consider skipping that or replacing it with "filler" foods such as celery that consume more energy when eating them than they supply you with.

When exercising she is going to want to take in plenty of protein but not so much fat, things like a BBQed chicken breast are high in protein but low in fat, rice is also a good side that doesn't contain fat but does have essential carbs etc.

Thank you so much for the help. Now should she be doing these sit ups everyday of the week?
She should try to, one day off is no big deal but she has to stick to it if she wants to see gains.