Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midnight snack problem. HELP!
I'm a college student, taking up Med. Tech.
Because of studying and making lab reports, I usually stay up late; sometimes, I'd just down a couple cups of coffee and stay up all night. Now, the problem with me is that I can't not eat a midnight snack. Hell, I'd eat my way through the entire night until dawn if I have to stay up that long. How do I control this?

Edit: I've tried the technique of drinking water to fill up my stomach, but it's my mouth that's asking for food. Not my stomach. I think it has something to do with all the energy I put into staying up and studying, but I am currently 10 lbs. overweight and I don't want to add up to that.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
My first question do you work out at all or do you not have the time?
(01-22-2011, 10:19 PM)ⓢⓤⓕⓕⓘⓒⓔ Wrote: My first question do you work out at all or do you not have the time?

I brisk-walk with weights but that's just about it. I'm 5"11' and I'm 180 lbs.

Only thing that will stop it is willpower, perhaps eat celery since it's almost all water anyways?
(01-22-2011, 10:25 PM)Mao Wrote: I brisk-walk with weights but that's just about it. I'm 5"11' and I'm 180 lbs.
I can understand not working out, but it's a little hard to think of something like that.
I used to be in that same situation.
You could try protein shakes, but those can put some weight on you.
If you were to workout you could set up a discipline system for yourself.

You could try something that I do.
Tortillas, with something other than meat.
They are filling if you eat around 5+ but you have to be careful what to fill them with.
I know these may sound a little weird but this is what I eat as a midnight snack and it's not fattening, but it is filling.

1. Warm up some tortillas either corn or flour get some cream cheese slices and put then inside the tortilla. You have yourself a little taco. You can add some lettuce and ham to these.
2. Buttermilk and sour cream with a pinch of salt. Mix about 2 cups of buttermilk to 3/4 cups of sour cream. Whisk together until everything is mixed thoroughly and add a pinch of salt.
Eat with a spoon and tortillas.

I know these may sound a little weird but, if your willing to try it it may be something amazing.
(01-22-2011, 10:51 PM)ⓢⓤⓕⓕⓘⓒⓔ Wrote: I can understand not working out, but it's a little hard to think of something like that.
I used to be in that same situation.
You could try protein shakes, but those can put some weight on you.
If you were to workout you could set up a discipline system for yourself.

You could try something that I do.
Tortillas, with something other than meat.
They are filling if you eat around 5+ but you have to be careful what to fill them with.
I know these may sound a little weird but this is what I eat as a midnight snack and it's not fattening, but it is filling.

1. Warm up some tortillas either corn or flour get some cream cheese slices and put then inside the tortilla. You have yourself a little taco. You can add some lettuce and ham to these.
2. Buttermilk and sour cream with a pinch of salt. Mix about 2 cups of buttermilk to 3/4 cups of sour cream. Whisk together until everything is mixed thoroughly and add a pinch of salt.
Eat with a spoon and tortillas.

I know these may sound a little weird but, if your willing to try it it may be something amazing.

Sir, I appreciate your trying to help very much but I don't think this can help out. I'm 10 lbs overweight and this just might add up to it.

Edit: This all sounds delicious though

I always eat at night too. Big Grin
But I got no weight issue.
The only thing I could really recommend is eating something that will fill you up so you don't want to eat anymore.
Something like pasta and some nice sauce is always filling and tasty.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Eat an apple or drink a Protein shake, make sure the shake is 0 carbs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you eat as a healthy snack? FamousMassacre 21 3,288 10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Prince