Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My parents want to get separated
That suck man, apart from what people have stated above, I'd highly recommend speaking to your fathers/mothers family such as sisters brothers parents. Those and YOU can stop it from happening, show them what it would be like if they split up and how bad it would be, for both of them.
[Image: gviF7.gif]
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky
My brother is fairly mature but I am pretty sure that he is unable to take it. I think he would rather hear it from me.
(05-24-2010, 06:15 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We take HF refugees in bulk.
Lol
Have a talk with your mum. Parents only want the best for their children. If your parents are arguing all the time, then that certainly isn't healthy for you or your brother to be around. "Staying together for the kids sake" just doesn't work in my opinion, ends in resentment towards each other.

Talk to your parents on how you are feeling & your worries.
My parents got separated when I was 3. I know how it feels. It's a sick feeling but
you must stand strong and fight through it. If they do separate then you we'll have to
come to a choice on who to live with. Try and talk to your parents how you feel before it gets to late.
Because nothing is worst when you're being force to decide who you want to live with because you will be
scared that you'll hurt the feelings of the person you didn't go with. My wishes out to you and your brother.
[Image: qMBBR2p.png]
(01-21-2011, 10:42 PM)Zyptic Wrote: My parents got separated when I was 3. I know how it feels. It's a sick feeling but
you must stand strong and fight through it. If they do separate then you we'll have to
come to a choice on who to live with. Try and talk to your parents how you feel before it gets to late.
Because nothing is worst when you're being force to decide who you want to live with because you will be
scared that you'll hurt the feelings of the person you didn't go with. My wishes out to you and your brother.

I would say that at the age of 3 though you probably weren't able to comprehend exactly what was going on at the time for it to have as much of a negative impact.

I know I must have been around 4 at the time, but I don't even remember all the details. I remember some of the arguments though, and it was a good chunk of time that I would be standing right in between them wondering what was going on.
Honestly your parents probably hate each others guts and there going to get separated no matter what, it might be good for your bro to hear it from you though.
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
Well it is not that big of a deal.
My parents separated when I was about 9 years old.
You feel sad for about a year but then you will be OK with it.
Ya my parents also separated young as well but i was so young that it was just the way that things were i don't remember them separating.
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
My mom just moved out of the master bedroom. She is no longer speaking to my father.
(05-24-2010, 06:15 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We take HF refugees in bulk.
Lol
A lot of factors here to consider.

One is how good is your relationship with your brother? If it's very good then I'd consider telling him what you know.

As for your parents. IMHO you should not force them to stay together for your sake, your brothers, or your fathers. In there you don't seem to consider your mother at all. Do you feel her reasons for separation are valid?

Also in most households where divorce/separations occur there is daily strife and tension. If that's true in your house your brother probably already has a clue things are not good.

Sometimes there is no right way to do things. Especially when everything is wrong.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My girlfriends parents are crazy Sobrix 1 638 05-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Parents// Thread being deleted. Deity 3 1,043 05-31-2012, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Prince
  My parents marriage is falling apart. What to do? Slick_ 9 2,088 01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Quizzical
  Unwelcoming Parents? cupcake 5 1,527 12-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Last Post: King
  My Parents Chief 7 1,044 10-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Virus1x