Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stars Under Username
No I don't think it would have much effect if any.
While I and others have said about having awards for a certain amount of posts such as 1000 posts, 2000 posts. That would more likely increase activity.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(01-17-2011, 02:14 PM)Untouch Wrote: No I don't think it would have much effect if any.
While I and others have said about having awards for a certain amount of posts such as 1000 posts, 2000 posts. That would more likely increase activity.

+1 to this! I hadn't really noticed the stars but awards for certain accomplishment on posts would be a great incentive!
[Image: gviF7.gif]
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky
Yeah, hopefully people will be drawn here. It's much easier to meet new people through SF than most other sites.
Want to discuss Google's new Nexus 7 tablet?
Want to try and win Google Play credits and Nexus 7 cases?

Nexus 7 Forums
I don't know. I just feel that there should be a distinction between a user that has 2,000 posts as opposed to a member that has 200 posts.
(01-17-2011, 02:14 PM)Untouch Wrote: No I don't think it would have much effect if any.

That's a great idea!

I personally don't pay attention to the stars, but awards I do...
(01-17-2011, 02:55 PM)Cee Lo Green Wrote: That's a great idea!

I personally don't pay attention to the stars, but awards I do...

I agreed also. The awards make you feel more accomplished and will make you want to stay and contribute more on the forum. I didnt quite notice the stars at all but I do know there a limit for new and regular members.
I can't be that far away from my fourth star... Anyway, I think we should wait and see what Omniscient says about this one.... He might agree. Smile
(01-17-2011, 04:59 PM)Cee Lo Green Wrote: I can't be that far away from my fourth star... Anyway, I think we should wait and see what Omniscient says about this one.... He might agree. Smile

I agree. Just waiting for Omniscient to post.
For MyBB you can set user ranks, which are indicated by stars, and you can set a number of stars to show for ever number of posts the user reaches.

Ex:

1 star - new member, 10 or less posts
2 stars - junior member, 100 or less posts
3 stars - 150 posts
etc...

You can also set the number of stars for groups, since i'm in the geek squad, my stars were automatically set to 5 when I joined. But i'm not sure if you can get any more than 5 stars, unless your Moderator or Admin status, but I haven't checked how many stars they lately have so I don't know.

(01-17-2011, 01:02 PM)Deltron Wrote: That's what I thought but Sam has more than 2K posts, but still has the same number of stars as me. Ohmy

It's because your in the HiJackThis group. Star ranks are based off groups, and post count if your not in a specific group.
(01-17-2011, 08:50 PM)Infinity Wrote: For MyBB you can set user ranks, which are indicated by stars, and you can set a number of stars to show for ever number of posts the user reaches.

Ex:

1 star - new member, 10 or less posts
2 stars - junior member, 100 or less posts
3 stars - 150 posts
etc...

You can also set the number of stars for groups, since i'm in the geek squad, my stars were automatically set to 5 when I joined. But i'm not sure if you can get any more than 5 stars, unless your Moderator or Admin status, but I haven't checked how many stars they lately have so I don't know.

Makes sense. It seems like it would look really good if I had nine or ten stars. Thumbsup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are the rank stars messed up? AceInfinity 9 1,532 08-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  How do I change my username? Resistance 3 713 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Skill
  Username colors Gos 14 2,985 10-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Omniscient
  how about a skype username section in the usercp andrewjs18 5 1,243 10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Last Post: St0rmW1nd