Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Programming Forums?
Hello SF Members, it was brought to my attention that there is no designated forum for the likes of assembler programming, and other languages. Perhaps a New forum section designated 'Other Languages' is in order. Thanks.Unsure
I don't think it would be very active. The coding section as it is, is one of the least active sections on the whole forum, so at the moment, I don't think adding more to it will do it any favours.

Just my opinion anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
Yeah, as Fragma said, how many more languages would be included in that general "Other Languages" area. Not that many that I can think of. There would rarely be any posts in there at all, and no activity. Just look at the one's we have already, you don't see too many in the batch area, or the perl programming area, I have knowledge in both of them, but i'm not encouraged to post anything in there because no one uses it. It's not a popular area.
(01-10-2011, 09:25 AM)Infinity Wrote: Yeah, as Fragma said, how many more languages would be included in that general "Other Languages" area. Not that many that I can think of. There would rarely be any posts in there at all, and no activity. Just look at the one's we have already, you don't see too many in the batch area, or the perl programming area, I have knowledge in both of them, but i'm not encouraged to post anything in there because no one uses it. It's not a popular area.

Well I was suggesting just one generic section. For 'Other'.
I don't think that's needed. I think the current forum available would suffice for all kinds of discussions with regards to programming at the moment, I don't think there would be enough activity in there to warrant the section in the first place.
(01-10-2011, 05:30 PM)Modest Wrote: Well I was suggesting just one generic section. For 'Other'.

I think thats a good idea otherwise those lesser used languages well just have a few post/threads in them and well be mostly inactive
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
I highly doubt it will be active.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: More programming languages for profiles wat 5 808 11-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Gaijin
  Possibly adding an "Other" programming language section? Fallen 0 878 10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Fallen
  Programming sections Nyx- 2 1,155 10-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Omniscient