Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not necessarily needing support, but.
Money can buy you happiness for a limited time.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(01-08-2011, 01:52 PM)RYAN BTB Wrote: Many people say it doesnt, but i can think of so many things that would make me happy if i had alot of money.

That's true, work is a stressful environment for some, so if having money would get you away from that, money would contribute to happiness. It doesn't even mean money can get you happiness by buying things, but it can indirectly affect your happiness.
(01-08-2011, 01:37 PM)Infinity Wrote: Why would that be something wrong with the world? by that you mean that we should be able to use money to buy happiness then? :S

Why would you want something priceless to be judged on currency? Everyone in poverty would commit suicide while hollywood superstars would be living off super happy pills or something.

I don't really understand what point you're trying to make, but i'm saying that people with money are fortunate, and people without it are less fortunate. It has nothing to do with being happy or not. For some, they are the same thing, and for some they are completely different concepts of happiness and using money for getting it. Whoever said you were lucky you have money did not clearly say "you are lucky you have money because you can be happy now." That was only an assumption you made.

People with money can be lucky because they can go out and buy all their needs to prioritize things before their budget can buy the wants, but that doesn't mean that they will necessarily be happy because they can get more than their wants.

That's not what I meant.

What I meant is that the world is too focused on money, and not love.
I sit in this small hole and think

the voices aren't real

but they have the most beautiful ideas.
(01-08-2011, 03:49 PM)Xander Wrote: That's not what I meant.

What I meant is that the world is too focused on money, and not love.

lol I see, well tell that to the government and see if anything will change Smile I guarantee it won't. The world isn't necessarily run by the government either. It's money, so it's mostly the influential big business companies like Microsoft and oil companies.
Thing you do need to realize, money is actually the most valuable resource, you need it for virtually everything on this planet, without it you will be a hell of alot more miserable than if you did. Also, it could actually buy happiness, people have different aspects and views of what they think is being "happy" just thought I'd let you know. Smile It can and can't, pretty much is what I'm trying to say.
"Don't treat life as a losing battle, but as an ongoing challenge."
[Image: df0oS.png]
Honestly, money would definitely buy my happiness.
[Image: Respect.png]
Show Respect, Earn Respect.
An almost legal teen (XVII), social media whore, politics and technology lover. Good at misanthropy.
(01-09-2011, 09:00 PM)Respecт Wrote: Honestly, money would definitely buy my happiness.

Same here, not happy as in would fulfill my every need, but I would be alot better off in life than I am now.
Yeah same, I'd be able to have nice clothes, car, house, just everything in general! Smile
An almost legal teen (XVII), social media whore, politics and technology lover. Good at misanthropy.
(01-09-2011, 09:23 PM)Respecт Wrote: Yeah same, I'd be able to have nice clothes, car, house, just everything in general! Smile

Exactly, you can buy your wants and not have to worry as much on your needs, since it comes hand in hand.
Indeed. Also, with enough money, You wouldn't have to work, which would bring anybody's stress level down.