Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gateway MX6131 Notebook Network Driver Not Working
Can you try this driver @ http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/4401.php
[Image: death.png]
(01-09-2011, 01:24 PM)Death Trap™ Wrote: Can you try this driver @ http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/4401.php

Yes! That's what I was looking for. I found it on this page but then I got lost when I followed the link. The reason being that I was expecting the link to direct me to the exact download page. I didn't see it so I continued searching.

Good find. I'll try it out and report back.

Edit: How do I run the driver on my laptop? It's showing me files like this with the following instructions on the site I downloaded it from but I don't understand.

[Image: filesv.png]

[Image: howtoy.png]

Note: I opened the file with my desktop (Win 7) to see what I'm dealing with. But the driver needs to be installed to the XP laptop.
Open "Device Manager" under Control Panel. Does the computer already identified the hardware as either Broadcom or Ethernet NIC?

Or does it says "Unknown Device "
(01-10-2011, 01:17 AM)Death Trap™ Wrote: Open "Device Manager" under Control Panel. Does the computer already identified the hardware as either Broadcom or Ethernet NIC?

Or does it says "Unknown Device "

In the Device Manager, it says '1394 Net Adapter'. Nothing more, nothing less.
(01-10-2011, 09:25 AM)Solidify Wrote: In the Device Manager, it says '1394 Net Adapter'. Nothing more, nothing less.

Can you take a screen shot of the device manager showing the collapsed items under "network adapters" and "others devices" that has unidentified items which has a "!" icon next to its name.

Please carry out this step on http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Drivers-f...Windows-Xp to determine which one is Broadcom Ethernet NIC 4401. When you find it, Click on "Update Driver" and "Click browse my computer for driver". Select the driver folder you have downloaded from Broadcom. It will automatically search through that folder and install it for you.

If it doesnt connect to the internet. as I heard some ISP Tech troubleshoot to recommend disabling 1394 Net Adapter to connect with the internet. I also have went through with it, it doesn't affect the internet to me. It could be possibility. Worth trying.
(01-10-2011, 11:24 AM)Death Trap™ Wrote: Can you take a screen shot of the device manager showing the collapsed items under "network adapters" and "others devices" that has unidentified items which has a "!" icon next to its name.

Please carry out this step on http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Drivers-f...Windows-Xp to determine which one is Broadcom Ethernet NIC 4401. When you find it, Click on "Update Driver" and "Click browse my computer for driver". Select the driver folder you have downloaded from Broadcom. It will automatically search through that folder and install it for you.

If it doesnt connect to the internet. as I heard some ISP Tech troubleshoot to recommend disabling 1394 Net Adapter to connect with the internet. I also have went through with it, it doesn't affect the internet to me. It could be possibility. Worth trying.

It's not my laptop. It's a friend's so I'll get right to it when I get a hold of him.
The first thing when installing a new driver when old one is not working, is to remove the old one completely as it may cause problems when installing the new one by running the old drivers files with the new one. Have you tried removing the old driver before installing new one?
[Image: siggp.png]
There was no old one. It was from a clean install.
(01-17-2011, 06:19 AM)Solidify Wrote: There was no old one. It was from a clean install.

Just download Drivergenius and perform a scan for outdated drivers with it. You can find keys and such for it by googling a little bit.
[Image: siggp.png]
(01-18-2011, 01:50 PM)J4mmy Wrote: Just download Drivergenius and perform a scan for outdated drivers with it. You can find keys and such for it by googling a little bit.

Does Drivergenius require an internet connection to perform it's task?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TRICK] Seven Tips for Better Notebook Battery Life zone 29 6,533 05-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Mark Webber
  Netbook wireless driver Alex Last 1 1,692 04-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Elitestate
  Gateway Netbook LT or Dell Laptop? ♀x!Jamie!x♀ 8 2,866 12-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Last Post: XiX Eb0y XiX
  Graphics Driver Needed (Please Read) Mozz 1 760 12-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Last Post: kaigen