Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
My dad.
Just because he left you, doesn't make him a bad man. Especially if your parents were really young when the made you.
I'd say yeah, contact him. Give him a chance and see how it works out.
Feel free to Send Me A PM if you need help.
I can give you my contact info from there.
You should meet him

My dad had to personally go out in search of his parents because he was adopted

If people do that, then you should be more than happy to be offered the opportunity
Well my mom is forcing me to take the money he wants to give us from him. Had to get a bank account + credit card. Don't know how much I will be getting, but I'm not using the money.
Are you just paranoid?
(01-05-2011, 07:54 PM)Lith Wrote: Well my mom is forcing me to take the money he wants to give us from him. Had to get a bank account + credit card. Don't know how much I will be getting, but I'm not using the money.

If he's not answering the phone then there's no point into trying to contact him. Just tell your mom you want to speak to him and to call you (if you do) and leave it at that. Maybe he will call if he's really wanting to speak to you. You shouldn't have to contact HIM. As for the money, that happened to me. What ran through my head was, I didn't need him then so why would I need him now? To be honest I didn't take the money either.
He wants a picture of me now, might provide him with that.
Are you just paranoid?
(01-05-2011, 09:32 PM)Lith Wrote: He wants a picture of me now, might provide him with that.

Why not, at least he's showing signs that he wants to actually get to know you a little more. Hopefully all goes well for you Smile
Give him a chance. He might be the dad you always wanted.

Whatever you do, don't quit!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I feel as if I have let my dad down... Vaibs 1 740 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Dragon45
  Dad Smokes Weed Again... Glype 3 788 03-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: justagirl
  Me and my dad act like strangers Teh 10 1,651 08-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  Dad owes me money EagerToLearn 12 2,575 06-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Last Post: infurious
  Dad has a brain tumor but he won't let me tell my mom... 3 882 04-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Last Post: NekoChan