Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection Problem
My girlfriend just bought her Sony Vaio this past August. She has been having issues with her connection. On start-up the Network Icon shows a full connection with local and internet. When the browser is launched it takes forever and finally displays "The connection to the server has been reset". I have to disconnect from her home network and reconnect to it. After I do this the browser starts normally but after 10 minutes or so while I'm browsing, I will get the same message and have to repeat the process.

Any ideas?
[Image: arch2.png]
Hello!

After doing some research I've read that this can be fixed by going to power management and changing it to the highest setting.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

The highest as in, the most efficient power setting or the setting that uses the most battery?
(10-14-2009, 05:40 PM)Extasey Wrote: The highest as in, the most efficient power setting or the setting that uses the most battery?

I don't think "highest setting" has ever referred to the most efficient when it comes to power management.

That's what it is set on, High Performance.
(10-14-2009, 05:43 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: That's what it is set on, High Performance.

Do you think it could be your modem or ISP?

They have another computer hooked up the the router via LAN, and it never goes out. I don't know if the wireless adapter is bad or not, but like I said it's brand new. I would hope sending it in would be the last resort.

EDIT:
I should also mention that this happens at our university too.
It's wireless connection I'm having trouble with. Not wired. If it comes down to it she can just take it into the store. I was just trying to avoid that.
(10-14-2009, 05:25 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: My girlfriend just bought her Sony Vaio this past August. She has been having issues with her connection. On start-up the Network Icon shows a full connection with local and internet. When the browser is launched it takes forever and finally displays "The connection to the server has been reset". I have to disconnect from her home network and reconnect to it. After I do this the browser starts normally but after 10 minutes or so while I'm browsing, I will get the same message and have to repeat the process.

Any ideas?

First I recommend doing Run->cmd->ping www.google.com, to make sure its your internet connection and not the browser settings. if your using firefox most people with the "connection has been reset" need to type about:config in their address bar, then in the filter type ipv6 and if it is set to false right click and click toggle, if this causes further problems just change it back. Please report back with the results. Blackhat
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

Try a different browser or just do a ping test, (as a last resort) you could just try an OS reinstall.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Individual connection speed limited danneracci 2 1,032 12-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet Connection Issues Jangus 2 1,232 12-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet connection issue mack1 1 780 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Miltan
  Internet loses connection when some uses the phone Phisher 1 778 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: diana33
  wifi connection problem magnus1 4 1,150 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Sam