Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Books become Obsolete!
Imagine. I will give all books in the world another 50 years till they all become obsolete and useless (Im talking about resources). We already have a frikin' kindle for electronic reading. We are probably going to have holograms to read out of instead of a book! Imagine how crazy that would be!!!... But seriously, I think books are going to be, unused in less than 30 years because of our ever accelerating technology development. What do you think about books and what resources will be used to read them -- in the future (not as in the next minute, day, week, month, year)?
[Image: t5BWm.png]
I love books, especially the old ones with the thinner pages.

Personally, i'll keep all of my books, and I think for a long time they'll continue making them - Even if there are alternative methods of selling their novels.
[Image: 2dkepur.jpg]
Your girlfriend thinks I'm handsome.
(12-31-2010, 12:43 PM)SehCure Wrote: I love books, especially the old ones with the thinner pages.

Personally, i'll keep all of my books, and I think for a long time they'll continue making them - Even if there are alternative methods of selling their novels.

Very true, you don't think 30 years is enough? lets make it 50.

And your signature is so funny.
(12-31-2010, 12:45 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Very true, you don't think 30 years is enough? lets make it 50.

50-60 would be reasonable.

The image or quote? Roflmao
[Image: 2dkepur.jpg]
Your girlfriend thinks I'm handsome.
I agree. They have a Nook now. Tongue

It will happen, though sadly...when will it be "Enough"? << Go read that book. Smile
This was the conventional wisdom 15 years ago when the internet was at it's initial boom phase. And while book stores have taken a hit because of online purchasing (Amazon). The sale of books has actually greatly increased for publishers.

The internet is the most widely read tool of today. Before the web people only read from books. Now we read all day from a computer screen. The need to read from pages somehow has changed into a real vacation from the computer and a fresher experience. When you read from a book you almost feel like you're giving your eyes a vacation.

I don't believe in 50 years books will be obsolete. Humans have a need for stuff. Things to hold in our hands to call ours.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I doubt books will become extinct. We cant depend on technology 100 percent despite its convenience but yet it has its own drawbacks. If you were to google the oldest book, it would date back to centuries or decades ago written in ancient material compare to modernized books.
[Image: death.png]
(12-31-2010, 12:45 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Very true, you don't think 30 years is enough? lets make it 50.

The quote.

And this is a response to everyones ideas, 10 years ago, we had TVs the size of a washing machine, 10 years later we have TVs thin as paper. In more than 10 Years into the future documents and files might be electronic, documents will be presented out of a hologram from a device as small as a marble. We never know. This whole subject was on my mind, where you can read Tom Sawyer int he shower from a hologram, without short circuiting. Thats just my point, how we advance so fast and what resources would be used to view a book or story.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Books PoisonDart 27 3,016 09-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Last Post: BETA_mybb_import3230