Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
My dad.
Call him, give him a chance, let him tell his story, not that i know your life but you have heard/seen one side of the story, call him find the other side out.

Go for it man.
I agree with most of the other people, although I've never dealt with anything like this before. I see that you've already attempted to call him, which is good. Leave a message if possible. If not, I don't think I'd waste my time anymore trying to call him.
I'd say give it a chance and he's probably as nervous about meeting you or even talking to you. There's a difference between sending a card and actually meeting you. You've been trying to call all day and there was no answer? Maybe he was working or busy with something else?
Still no answer, he lives in Mexico apparently. I know he has no passport either.
You should give him a call and see what happens. He may be trying to get back in to your life, and make up for leaving you all those years. Although, he will probably never fully make up for him not being there while you grew up, you should still give him a chance. He may be able to help you out with some things and give you advice or what not. If you find that you don't like him or he's a dick, then cut off communication with him. Either way, you should at least give him a chance and get to know him a bit better, after all he is your own flesh and blood.
[Image: nt18.png]
You are 1 person out of over 8 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 out of 100 billion solar systems in 1 out of 100 billion galaxies and you are enormously insignificant.

Well talking to your dad could mean a whole new relationship, weather you want that or not, be aware of the things that will affect your life such as your house hold and future.
Still no answer. If I get none tomorrow, then I won't try again.
(12-24-2010, 05:53 AM)Lith Wrote: What do you think I should do?

That depends on the circumstances for which he left you and your mother.
(12-25-2010, 09:34 PM)Solidify Wrote: That depends on the circumstances for which he left you and your mother.

He wanted us to move to Houston Texas with my grandma and grandpa, then he had to "get something" and never came back.
(12-26-2010, 02:12 AM)Lith Wrote: He wanted us to move to Houston Texas with my grandma and grandpa, then he had to "get something" and never came back.

This is a personal decision. It depends on how hurt you were when he left. I don't know how much you suffered when he left, or if you even suffered at all. If you think you can forgive him for what he did, go ahead and speak to him. However, if he's willing to ameliorate the situation, I, personally, would go for it. He walked out, yes. But, he's making up for what he did.

It's your call. No pun intended.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I feel as if I have let my dad down... Vaibs 1 738 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Dragon45
  Dad Smokes Weed Again... Glype 3 782 03-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: justagirl
  Me and my dad act like strangers Teh 10 1,638 08-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  Dad owes me money EagerToLearn 12 2,564 06-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Last Post: infurious
  Dad has a brain tumor but he won't let me tell my mom... 3 876 04-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Last Post: NekoChan