Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Language Support
Well well maybe we are comparing a thing that is your language Swedish with spanish
i hear like 5-10 members knows or wants know spanish
but how much sweden? (maybe i can be wrong, and can be more sweden's)
Quote: Well well maybe we are comparing a thing that is your language Swedish with spanish
i hear like 5-10 members knows or wants know spanish
but how much sweden? (maybe i can be wrong, and can be more sweden's)

The issue is not how popular the language is or how much traffic it'd get. The problem is that, unless there's a moderator who speaks that language, then anyone could say/do anything without getting caught. It's just too much of a responsibility. A member can't simply PM a moderator with a translation of the reported post; who's to say that s/he isn't lying?
(10-05-2009, 06:31 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Okay, well, I thought we were disagreeing, because you said:

Quote:Or if i say talk about illegal stuff you won't care because you don't know what im saying!

You shouldn't've said "you wouldn't care", because we would care; it'd still be against the rules.

I realise our misunderstanding now.

that's ok man! My english is not that good!

I'm glad we cleared things out!
(10-05-2009, 07:25 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: The issue is not how popular the language is or how much traffic it'd get. The problem is that, unless there's a moderator who speaks that language, then anyone could say/do anything without getting caught. It's just too much of a responsibility. A member can't simply PM a moderator with a translation of the reported post; who's to say that s/he isn't lying?

Exactly! that's what me and glas mean! And i guess you too! lol!
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
Quote:Exactly! that's what me and glas mean! And i guess you too! lol!

No, I don't think so. What Glas said made it sound as if there should be a Spanish section, but not a Scandinavian; I think that neither should exist, for the reasons above.
I am moving this to OSHIT so you guys can discuss it all you want.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-05-2009, 08:39 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: No, I don't think so. What Glas said made it sound as if there should be a Spanish section, but not a Scandinavian; I think that neither should exist, for the reasons above.

oh well then im not with him on that! I prefer a section that the users ask for! It all depends on whatever they want to learn! I say this because this is a support forums so it should support peoples inspiration to learn a different language! You do not know how much i struggled to learn English :[
Quote:oh well then im not with him on that! I prefer a section that the users ask for! It all depends on whatever they want to learn! I say this because this is a support forums so it should support peoples inspiration to learn a different language! You do not know how much i struggled to learn English :[

Well, I understand; I struggled when learning Swedish. I would get very frustrated at all the differences and quirks in the language, and I almost gave up at least twice. However, I had friends pushing me along and here I am. It would probably be a popular section (language learning), but it'd be hard to maintain.
(10-05-2009, 09:23 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Well, I understand; I struggled when learning Swedish. I would get very frustrated at all the differences and quirks in the language, and I almost gave up at least twice. However, I had friends pushing me along and here I am. It would probably be a popular section (language learning), but it'd be hard to maintain.

Same here man! thanks to my cousins that helped me a lot! My girl was born here and she talks spanish to all our families but me :[ but i like it because i learn more little by little!

i know great people that could have a wonderful future in this country but they can't because of the language situation!
Not everybody is willing to spend some time on the computer trying to learn a different language!
Quote:Not everybody is willing to spend some time on the computer trying to learn a different language!

Sounds like their problem to me Tongue
(10-05-2009, 09:34 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Sounds like their problem to me Tongue

loL i know! i know hahahaha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm making my own language! King 26 3,390 05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Last Post: KingQuarter
  Starting A New Language | LOLCODE BreShiE 2 835 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Things that are lacking in the English language. Elektrisk 34 9,458 12-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Distant Relatives
  Hands Down: OHSHIT. Computer language changed to something worse than Chinese. Resistance 5 956 10-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Resistance
  Universal Language S1cKL3R 9 1,474 04-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Last Post: aiir