Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do/did you do when your first pet passed away?
when i lost my pet i didnt get a new one i was so sad
When our dog collapsed and died, my brother and I couldn't stop crying. There was a burial and a period of mourning, after which my parents took us to a shelter to select a new dog. We chose one which reminded us of our first pet.

The pain gets less, but my family is very attached to the memory of our pets past.

And I have never flushed any pet down the toilet. I remember burying my pet fish when a housekeeper accidently killed them.
Well only the dogs effect me when they die. Although my dogs didn't technically die.
Had plenty of other animals like fish and guinea pigs but it's not the same compared with a dog.
I had 2 lovely dogs and they got really old and started getting problems with their body and were in pain, so we put them down peacefully with an injection. I was so sad for ages it was like a family member dieing.
We eventually got another dog a month later which I still have now. He's getting old too now.

I actually found my neighbour's cat dead yesterday on the middle of the street when I was driving. It had suffocated, it's head was in a crisp packet. I took it back to my neighbour and she buried it but didn't tell their kids because they would be soo upset.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(02-12-2011, 02:20 PM)Untouch Wrote: I was so sad for ages it was like a family member dieing.
We eventually got another dog a month later which I still have now. He's getting old too now.

Dogs and cats tend to live long enough to become a member of the family, so it is the loss of a family member.

(02-12-2011, 02:20 PM)Untouch Wrote: I actually found my neighbour's cat dead yesterday on the middle of the street when I was driving. It had suffocated, it's head was in a crisp packet. I took it back to my neighbour and she buried it but didn't tell their kids because they would be soo upset.

Poor cat, what a terrible way to die. Kids are not dumb, they will notice that the cat is missing.

(02-12-2011, 02:31 PM)Eve Wrote: Poor cat, what a terrible way to die. Kids are not dumb, they will notice that the cat is missing.

Yes but would you rather your cat die or run away?
(02-12-2011, 02:34 PM)Untouch Wrote: Yes but would you rather your cat die or run away?

I would feel upset either way, because domestic animals risk having a hard life on the streets.

I sympathise with your neighbour, she has to mourn the cat and protect her children as well.
(02-12-2011, 02:45 PM)Eve Wrote: I would feel upset either way, because domestic animals risk having a hard life on the streets.

I sympathise with your neighbour, she has to mourn the cat and protect her children as well.

Most domestic animals are fine here since I live in the country there isn't a lot of traffic, normally there isn't any rubbish either but some young buck driver probaly threw the crisp packet out the window. Mad
I've had a number of pets when my first dog died I was kind of pissed off and confused. He was a black lab rottweiler mix. Well one year he got hit by a fully loaded grain truck and lived. About a month after that he got hit by some little dinky car and died. The first thing I wanted to do was find the idiot who was speeding down our gravel road and just pulp his face. But then I realized that life goes on. Yes it sucks but you can't live in the past so now I have 2 pure bred labs 1 chocolate lab and 1 black lab.
[Image: sfsig.png]
I cried when i lost my shitzu , he was grey and since he was grey we called him silva he got out an got hit by a car Sad
Cried like a baby.
"Why judge a life you can't change?"
You are an important person who deserves to be happy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Official] Pictures of your Pet Omniscient 189 75,534 10-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  What type of animal (pet) Sql 54 10,195 05-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Last Post: TheSailorHF
  What happens to the pets at a pet store if the pet store goes out of business? kitson 10 1,779 03-11-2012, 05:37 AM
Last Post: x2theone2x
  Pet tiger Chelloa 9 1,372 03-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Last Post: h3x3n
  IF you could have any pet... Shutdown™ 63 7,447 03-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Icon