Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunar Eclipse?
Anyone in N.A gonna watch the lunar eclipse tonight? Supposedly it only happens once every 400 years.

HERE is the link on what times it will be at.

Will most likely be around 1:44-2.54 and should last about an hour when it starts.
Copper red will be the color of the moon tonight, pretty cool in my opinion.
Who is gonna be watching it tonight?Ninja

Some Scientists say that it's also the first lunar eclipse in over 25000 years that's in line with the galactic plane. That Mayan calendar/2012 business actually makes more sense this Dec solstice than in two years, astronomically speaking.

Any theories?
[Image: nt18.png]
You are 1 person out of over 8 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 out of 100 billion solar systems in 1 out of 100 billion galaxies and you are enormously insignificant.

I'm hopefully watching it tonight, but we have bad weather so we might not be able to see it ): (Michigan)
(12-20-2010, 02:57 PM)Extra Wrote: I'm hopefully watching it tonight, but we have bad weather so we might not be able to see it ): (Michigan)
Yea, I heard that many people on the West coast may also not be able to see it, due to rain clouds. Some say it might pass through.
You are 1 person out of over 8 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 out of 100 billion solar systems in 1 out of 100 billion galaxies and you are enormously insignificant.

There is suppose to be viewable in Buford, Georgia at about 2:45.

Set my alarms. Big Grin
If your too lazy to go outside or if it's too cold you can watch the live stream here Link
actually this will happen again 2 times next year.

So if you arent ready this year get ready for next year
man i tried to see it but we had a bad ass storm right when it was supposed to happen. stayed up till 3 am to see rain and clouds lol
I missed it! Could someone post a picture of it?
sorry to burst your bubbbblesss.... it supposedly "once in every 400 years" im 17 ( 18 on saturday ) and its the 3rd one i've seen :L
(12-20-2010, 10:17 PM)martinn Wrote: There is suppose to be viewable in Buford, Georgia at about 2:45.

Set my alarms. Big Grin
Lmao, I live like a couple of minutes away from Buford, but yes it was visible in pretty much everywhere in Gwinnett and it's surrounding counties.

(12-21-2010, 07:26 PM)Uknown_Hacker Wrote: actually this will happen again 2 times next year.

So if you arent ready this year get ready for next year
It will happen next year, also, but it wont be a total lunar eclipse, thats the difference. It will most likely be another partial lunar eclipse.
(12-21-2010, 10:13 PM)h4x0rz_s4m Wrote: sorry to burst your bubbbblesss.... it supposedly "once in every 400 years" im 17 ( 18 on saturday ) and its the 3rd one i've seen :L
What you saw was not a total lunar eclipse, with the galactic plane in line. You most likely saw a partial lunar eclipse before. It is documented that the last time a complete total lunar eclipse happen with these certain circumstances, was about 372 years ago. Pretty much 400 years ago.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  last night's "eclipse"? Gregarious 2 454 12-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Last Post: h4x0rz_s4m