Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Control Car [Nitro Powered]
Hey, this is a question for those interested in RC cars powered by Nitrous. How fast can yours get too? My uncle and I custom built one, and got it up to 45-50 MP/H (72.5-80.5 KM/H).

It is pretty neat, much better than battery powered RC cars. What are your views on them?
[Image: idgjkO.png]
In school we make small wooden cars that run off of co2, mine burst and broke after reaching 30km/h, I figured I made it to thin to use
wish was able to cope with nitro,have a very accute sensitivity to noise so use electric RC only instead.

have been told by RC pros who work at the local RC/RC repair store that electric-brushless is the way to go now,depending on the car they apparently can get faster speeds above nitro without the noise.

Xerotic and Techno [and anyone else],have ever tried brushless before?
what are they like? worth it?
forgetting brushless for a moment; woud absolutely love a HPI baja 5b- they look like real speed demons on youtube.
[Image: kittcrew.jpg]
(12-23-2010, 11:13 AM)Silent Scream Wrote: wish was able to cope with nitro,have a very accute sensitivity to noise so use electric RC only instead.

have been told by RC pros who work at the local RC/RC repair store that electric-brushless is the way to go now,depending on the car they apparently can get faster speeds above nitro without the noise.

Xerotic and Techno [and anyone else],have ever tried brushless before?
what are they like? worth it?
forgetting brushless for a moment; woud absolutely love a HPI baja 5b- they look like real speed demons on youtube.

How fast can they go?

Also, my uncle and I are planning to make a remote control hovercraft over the summer.
Once I got a mouth full of nitro full.

it tripped me out cause I was like 10 LOL
I haven't really cared to make mine faster.. I use to have it a while ago, and it went 115MPH!

[Image: E16Zp.png]

300+ [Love BuNDy]
Click my signature to donate some money to the Thermal Fund.

It's Tayla Gang or drink and die~
40MPH? Wow.
Do you buy them in kit form? If so where from.. :}
[Image: 2dkepur.jpg]
Your girlfriend thinks I'm handsome.
(12-30-2010, 02:22 PM)SehCure Wrote: 40MPH? Wow.
Do you buy them in kit form? If so where from.. :}

Nope, custom made, no kits Smile
I have a Subaru wrx 1/10 scale rc nitro car it came with a standard size 18 motor & two stage centrifical gear box & it was capable of 80 km per hour stock standard... I have since modified it and put in a 28 size engine from an 1/8 scale car with a highly modified 2 stage gearbox plus some custom parts... I have also made my own cold air induction setup.... Now it is capable of speeds over 120 km per hour... It has massive amounts of tourqe and hits it's top speed in just over 2 seconds I have run it against road bikes 1000 cc+ & v8 cars on the street and have left them for dead.... But I cannot see the running gear being able to survive to long but until then I will get some grazy performance from it

A quick tip if you buy a rc car that has a 2 speed gearbox you will find a small allen key hole that is adjustable if you tighten it your second gear will engage late if you loosen it your second gear will engage sooner.... It is a spring loaded tooth so when the drive line reaches a certain rpm the centrifuge will force the tooth to engage the second gear.... A quick mod is to replace the standard spring that is rather weak to a stronger spring this will make sure you use the full power curve of your gear ratio... A good cheap mod is to use a spring from a disposable cigarette lighter. The one that pushes tha flint to the thumb wheel these are a tough good adjustable spring to use... Just cut it to meet your desired needs you will be impressed with its performance

Hope this helps

B@nNeD
If you see me drunk & passed-out under a table just leave me there I will wake up in the morning & move on Tongue
I haven't ordered a nitrous kit for mine. It goes around ~50MPH right out of the box though. It's an HPI rs4.

btw, nitro fuel and nitrous are two different things. :p

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Favorite Dream Car Dcrac23 233 128,270 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Detective RooTz
  My car Psychosis 28 8,038 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Car Picture of the day . sunexim 5 886 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Oveяloяd
  What car would you buy? XACTLYSIN 28 9,882 11-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: jamessaunders832
  New Honda Car sunexim 0 662 11-09-2012, 03:10 AM