Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Night.
This isn't everyone's flaming thread, the fact is that people came here from HF because there was an announcement given while Omni switched the board to offline there. Members came here and there was a max limit on the amount of users to be online. In my opinion it was a bad idea to bring some of the low quality posters here, even though SF is trying to gain more activity. You want this forum to be a professional looking forum if people are looking for a site to go to for "support."

I've already notice that most of those HF members have already gotten their account closed in the few days they have been here, or they only have 1-10 posts here, (sometimes 100 thinking they are after the award).

It's not really a site issue since I don't think it was expected that we would exceed that limit of users here at SF. Omni wouldn't have to increase it until we get more members anyway. The sad part is that I would have guessed that no one from HF would consider reading the rules while they continue to post here and wait for their HF to be up and running again. So everyone just comes here from HF, saying "Hello i'm from Hackforums.net"

In my opinion, if that's being allowed, there should have been an acception to that rule, even though I don't really find it difficult to not mention HF while i'm here. The only time I mention it is from posts about others disregarding that rule. I don't think there's anything being done about that rule.
(12-13-2010, 08:10 PM)Orgasmic Wrote: SF is better than HF.
Members from HF come here for one of the following reasons:
1. HF is down
2. The award
3. Calm, less flaming environment.

I come here for the third reason.

Yeah you're right. That's the only reason that some HF members come to SF.
Now that HF is down again, they will be back.
[Image: hfYti]
Yep it is very chill here, i will be here more often.
That was me at one point, but now I realized what SF has to offer and kind of enjoy it.
I'm not going to dress it up, I'm only here because HF is down. That doesn't mean I plan on posting low quality until it's back up. I don't plan on staying, the community is much smaller than I would like. Aside from that, I think this is a great site.
(12-13-2010, 08:10 PM)Orgasmic Wrote: SF is better than HF.
Members from HF come here for one of the following reasons:
1. HF is down
2. The award
3. Calm, less flaming environment.

I come here for the third reason.

Yet you're the one always the one flaming, and LQP Roflmao
I am a semi old-jerk. Thumbsup
I like this forum because there aren't as many trolls. The only reason that I like Hack Forums a little bit more is that it has more sections and that it is more active.
[Image: Untitled-1-22.png]
(12-22-2010, 12:48 AM)Νinja Wrote: I like this forum because there aren't as many trolls. The only reason that I like Hack Forums a little bit more is that it has more sections and that it is more active.
I've we could get the best parts of both forums, then we'd have an awesome forum.

Lets be honest 90% of the members here came from HF. But they need to understand that this isn't HF and they can't do the same things here.