Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can I use my spare laptop for?
You could use it as a test computer for anything, or storage. Thats what I'd use it for, otherwise use it as a business computer or something like that.

As a test computer though, if you have any problems on your newer one, you could test things like programs, apps, hardware, etc. If you're a gamer, turn it into a gaming computer by modifying it's hardware. Can't really say what you would use it for, it all depends on your personal preference, not mine, but thats some of the things that I would use it for.

Maybe if you need compatibility with an older OS like XP, you could run XP on that machine, and have your newer computer with Windows 7?
1:
Turn it into a hardware firewall.

2:
File Server

3:
Host some dudes game server on it,just one of them though as it would stretch resources if any more.

4:
Bot crap,RS botting brings $$$

Cant think of any more options now.
1. Use it as a seeder and downloader for torrents.
2. Download a bunch of viruses and then remove them for fun. haha
3. Donate it's computing power to scientific research. http://www.popularmechanics.com/technolo...to/4219677
4. Media server at home
5. Fly swatter
You could run linux on it, or use it as a testing machine.
You could experiment with it, make it look cooler etc.
All these recommendations are very helpful. I'm currently quite busy these days so the laptop remains unused, but I will be putting it to good use when I find myself with more spare time.

Feel free to keep the recommendations coming. Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

a good plan for any spare computer is set it up to rent out as a host...decent money depending on how powerfull the computer is
You have so many possibilities that it's hard to give you any recommendations without knowing what do you do with computer as daily basis. Without this information in hand, i'd suggest to use it for gaming, as a proxy, programming or maybe a server. It's all up to what you do on computer.

~J4mmy
[Image: siggp.png]