Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'v been thinking...
the past few weeks iv been thinking on what kinda site i could make, i was hoping to make one that i can put a cpalead gateway on but i have now decided against it.

Instead maybe i could make a pet care forum? like advise and such on caring for animals and those kinda things.

what you think?
I think it's a decent idea. You'll need to make sure you purchase a domain that is relevant but also easy to remember. If you'd like some suggestions, feel free to ask; I'm only a PM away.

If you have the time and are dedicated I'm pretty sure you'll be able to make it a success. It all depends on you and how much time you put into the site. If you spend 5 minutes here and there it'll probably fail. It takes hours and hours of dedication to make a forum successful. If you're going to quit in month or two down the line, save yourself the time and do something different.

Please keep us updated on your status; I'd like to see whether or not you expand on this idea.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I would like to do it, iv got the time & money to do it but what i lack is ideas & design skills.

Also what do people prefer, vBulletin or mybb?
(12-13-2010, 08:24 AM)Katz Wrote: I would like to do it, iv got the time & money to do it but what i lack is ideas & design skills.

Also what do people prefer, vBulletin or mybb?

I personally prefer MyBB. It's free, customisable and there are a good number of communities out there that are dedicated to supporting MyBB users.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Have a name like careforums.net and make it for caring for anything?
i would prefer mybb but i only like mybb forums that have the navigation that HF & SF have & i can't really use that as id feel like im ripping it off, lol

& the forum will be for all kinda animals, mainly household pets but will venture out ^.^

I also think careforums is a good name ^_^
If you need any help setting it up PM me.
I think you should go for; and as Skill said you need to put a lot of time into it. The most important thing to make a good website/forum is security and design. People like to feel safe and comfortable when using a website.
If your sticking with it some domain's I would Recommend are

www.petforums.net
www.petsupport.ca
i wanted petforums but when i checked it was taken, i think i'll go for that ^_^

but before i start i wanna have a word with omni and check if i can use the nav on SF, otherwise i dnt wanna make one ^_^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking to launch e-commerce web site in Canada Adnorips 3 1,112 11-23-2017, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Tilsun