Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
An Original Project
(10-13-2009, 09:28 PM)Omniscient Wrote: 2. CMS

I am building something similar. If you go with this PM me if you need any help Big Grin
A browser based game seems like the most fun but to explain the idea of Mybb Designer.

Basically imagine a page where you set a few parameters, ability to preview a possible page, and then you can export the XML install file for the theme. I think it's a very doable project.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-13-2009, 10:54 PM)Omniscient Wrote: A browser based game seems like the most fun but to explain the idea of Mybb Designer.

Basically imagine a page where you set a few parameters, ability to preview a possible page, and then you can export the XML install file for the theme. I think it's a very doable project.

well MyBB designer is most original idea you got there, it would be a really helpful app.

As for browser game, yes it's fun to work on, but you'll need also an original idea on the games topic... for this one...
What do you think of PHP-Gtk?

I currently trying few ways to compile it to an exe.....
Yeah I might do the mybb designer myself but I think the Browser Game could be a great group project so people can make their own sites or games from it.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Few downloads of softwares ......shopping as omni has already discussed.

A forum for all members..
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
A browser based game, Omni? Check out:

http://assassinators.net/

But hey, what type?
(10-13-2009, 09:28 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I already stated I don't want to do forum software.

And I really don't want to do a class. I'd like to do something more complete.

Possible Ideas
===============
1. Paid Downloads Shopping Cart
2. CMS
3. Image Hosting
4. Amazon AWS
5. MyBB Designer Script (hmm..amazing idea)
6. Image Rating
7. Browser Based Game

So those are some ideas.

I would suggest cms, or a BBG. I already started a project on my own basing on MyBB. A CMS..

Look at my website
I am your Father
The MyBB designer sounds fun but that wouldn't be good as a team project, maybe the web-based game would be the best.

Also, what are you going to do as far as organizing/collaborating.etc goes; are you going to have subversion or something set up...just curious.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
I think the browser based game would be something different to do for myself. I've never tried doing the gaming side of things with php so it would be a new trick up my sleeve, definitely willing to help out in any possible way I can.
Thats nice, I have a suggestion to start from some basic so that learners here can understand the basic with full consideration.