Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mental Disorders!
Mental Disorders

1. Organic Disorder: physical illness/injury that affects the brain. (ex. tumors, infections, etc.)

2. Functional Disorder: psychological cause, not brain damage. (ex. heredity, fear)

3. Phobia: strong, irrational fear of something specific. (ex. gunman coming to school, spiders, etc.)

4. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD): trapped in a pattern with repeated thoughts or behavior: persistent. (ex. tapping, can't sit still.)

5. Panic Disorder: sudden unexplained feelings that can't be helped. (ex. taking the bus because you think if you take a plane, it will crash.)

6. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): exposure to a terrifying event that threatened or caused physical harm.

7. Mood Disorder: mood extremes that interfere with everyday living. (ex. sad one day, the next angry.)

8. Bipolar Disorder: extreme mood changes, levels and behavior.

9. Clinical Depression: feeling of sadness, hopelessness, despair that is lasting for weeks and interfere with daily living.

10. Eating Disorder: obesession with bodily image and thinness, to a point that you will not eat for weeks to get skinny.

11. Conduct Disorder: right of others or basic social rules are violated.

12. Schizophrenia (most severe): a person losses contact with reality and usually commits suicide. Schizophrenia has 3 main categories: Catatonic, Disorganized, and Paranoid. (<-- thanks to Victimized)

13. Anti Social Personality Disorder: irritable, aggressive, impulsive and violent.

14. Border-Line Personality Disorder: engages in high risk activities.

15. Passive Aggressive Personality Disorder: uncooperative, resent being told what to do, angers over issues of control.

I hope this helps.

Comment please. I want to know if this is ok so i can do more like this.
Thanks for the list, I always mix these up. I'll read through it now, and come back to it if any of these come up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mental illness mom, i am so giving up richarda83 4 899 09-15-2012, 05:20 AM
Last Post: penguinknight
  Result of Mental Abuse or Just Overreacting? Spafic 12 2,825 09-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Hardware
  Mental Break Down NekoChan 12 1,869 03-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Ruyuk
  [Mental Help] Un-Alignment / Un-Centered Phobia??? TheFriendlyGuest 5 833 02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Mao
  about to have a mental breakdown. Psychosis 16 2,047 08-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Kyuubi