Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seconds between posts?
Eh, I noticed that the time limit between posts is 1 minute now. Is there a particular reason why?
I think it's better to have a 30 second delay, cause it's boring to wait to post. lol
I usually don't hit these limites but this forum moves fast so I think 30 seconds would be better.
You should be putting quality in your posts. 30 seconds to read the thread, 30 seconds to type the post.
(10-04-2009, 10:06 PM)TrueBlue Wrote: You should be putting quality in your posts. 30 seconds to read the thread, 30 seconds to type the post.

That makes no sense at all. Maybe that holds true for you, but it doesn't for me. Just because we write our replies quickly does not mean that they are of low quality. I agree with the OP; I'd very much like to see the time limit lowered to 30 seconds. I've hit the limit many times since joining.
(10-04-2009, 10:08 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: That makes no sense at all. Maybe that holds true for you, but it doesn't for me. I agree with the OP; I'd very much like ot see the time limit lowered to 30 seconds. I've hit the limit many times since joining.

How does that not make sense?
Well for me to post it takes around 10 seconds to make a message.
8 seconds to spell check.
13 seconds to make sure i am posting in the right tab.

But hey thats just me. Personally it would be better.
Quote:How does that not make sense?

Because, you are trying to create a specific set of guidelines for posting, which don't hold true in all cases. Perhaps it doesn't take 30 seconds to type the reply. Also, for the reading the thread thing, what if you have already read the whole thread, replied to it, and are replying to someone who replied to your post? You wouldn't have to read the whole thread; just the other person's post. Time =/= quality.
(10-04-2009, 10:11 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Because, you are trying to create a specific set of guidelines for posting, which don't hold true in all cases. Perhaps it doesn't take 30 seconds to type the reply. Also, for the reading the thread thing, what if you have already read the whole thread, replied to it, and are replying to someone who replied to your post? You wouldn't have to read the whole thread; just the other person's post. Time =/= quality.

You shouldn't have to post that fast IMHO. But then again, you always have to be right.
He's not trying to always be right. He's just voicing his thoughts and well I agree.
Quote:You shouldn't have to post that fast IMHO. But then again, you always have to be right.

Excuse you, but you don't know me. I do not see where you are coming from, but it is irrelevant all the same. The OP posted a suggestion. You posted your opinion, which conflicted with mine. So, I posted describing why I thought you were wrong. Resorting to manipulative tactics such as "you always have to be right" will not work on me.