Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
At What Age Did You Learn C++
16 and I'm 16 now and I'm still learning! =D
I was 16 when I first started coding in VB and now in c++/c# and i'm turning 17 in 2 months
I started about 2 months ago, I am turning 16 in July.
Started learning at 15 and am still learning now.
I started when I was 14, and now I am 15 and I know HTML, CSS, Python and I know the basics of C++.
14 ftw.

That's like, 10 years ago. Frak I'm getting old.

Stuff I know:
C, C++ C#, D2, Java, J#, PHP, ASM, Haskell, Python, VHDL, ETH Oberon (if you know the last one, give my regards to you-know-who).
Can't recall anything more, but there might be others. I tend to skip the easy ones (such as VB) when making a list. I could add HTML, CSS and anything XML based, but that's rather lame. No-one actually bothers to remember those anyway. I can shell script on Linux (bash ftw) and Windows (but that's hardly a feat). I can get my AHK scripts working pretty easily. I know some obscure stuff, like PEP7 opcode and I can write machine code for an i386, but neither of those is actually useful. Machine code sounds cool at first, but once you realize it takes 2 pages to write a function to divide 2n by n, you quickly move on to something higher level and forget you ever thought it was awesome.

All in all, I can read code much like a book now, so the actual language doesn't really matter that much anymore.

I'm now at a stage where I've seen almost everything there is code-wise, and it's starting to become hard to separate "code knowledge" from "common knowledge". I honestly don't know what new programmers see when they read code, because it all makes sense to me.

Yesterday I made a parameter-less C++ function with type-safe return type overloading in about half an hour. The fact that no-one gets what that means does get bothersome sometimes, though. It leaves you with few people to brag to, and most of the other +10 year coders don't like to give compliments. They're more like "I could do that better if I really wanted to" ^^

12, and now I am 17.
I first started working on C++ about 9 months ago (I'm 23).
Im still learning it,but I've started few months before I went to high school.
[Image: gMibd.png]
I learned it at 14. Forgot most of it from not using it, here I am 2 months later, re-learning so I can code hooks for pc games
and crypters etc..