Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SF Reviews] FL Studio 9
[Image: jkj8ty.png]

Program Name: FL Studio 9
General Information: FL Studio 9 is a complete software music production environment program, which has been in effect for more than 10 years of sustained & focused development.
Compatibility: Windows 7, Vista, XP & 2000 (32 & 64 bit)

Note: You can run FL Studio 9 on Mac with Crossover, but it isn't compatible with Mac directly from a download of FL Studio.

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support
    (or) Intel Mac with Bootcamp (running XP or Vista)
  • Windows 7, Vista, XP & 2000 (32 & 64 bit)
  • 512MB ram
  • 500MB free harddisk space
  • Windows-compatible soundcard with DirectSound drivers. ASIO drivers are required for audio recording (FL installer comes with generic Asio4All drivers)

Price:
  • FL Studio Signature Bundle - $299.00
  • FL Studio Producer Edition - $199.00
  • FL Studio Fruity Edition - $99.00
  • FL Studio Express Edition - $49.00

Note: VST's, samples, and loops are an added cost and price ranges in between each name based on quality and functionality for the VST.

Download:
Pictures:

Features:
  • Automation of most interface controls (FL Studio & plugins)
  • User-defined workflow - step, pattern or track-based sequencing
  • 104 track mixer with sidechaining and multi-channel recording input/output
    • 99 insert tracks and a Master insert plus a couple of specialized Mixer tracks
  • Open standards plugin formats supported (VST 1/2/3 & DX)
  • Lifetime free updates
  • Customizable skins and wallpapers

Personal Opinion: I believe FL Studio 9 is one of the most reliable, and easy to use music software out there. You can go and spend around $500 for a program like Cubase or another professional piece of software, but most people make the mistake of assuming that FL Studio is just another program that gives you sounds to mix. In reality, this program has just the same amount of functionality, and is just as good as any other music software out there today. With the opportunity of making your own sounds with professional VST's used by artists ranging in genre's from techno, to blues, and even rock, there's no real limit as to what you can do. You can make virtually any sound you want. The sound output is great if you have the right configurations, and it gives you up to a 420 bitrate for the output file, whether you want to save it in wav, mp3 format, as well as others, keeping in mind that most CD quality tracks are produced at an average of 192, or a 128 bitrate in terms of quality output.

Overall Rating Out of 10: This product was rated on an average of 9.0/10.0 on most reviews. It has also been given an award for top recording sofware in 2010.
$300 is a lot of money. Nonetheless, a great review.
Very nice and detailed review. You should make more as you seem to know how to do it succesfully and also you made a really nice layout for your thread.
The layout is the most important thing in getting members to review areas of the review that they want to lookup. If everything was in one paragraph would you be motivated to read it? lol Smile So I tried, thankyou.

I just took the normal ideas from the regular reviews that others did, and added in a couple of my own sections of the review because they seemed really important to me. For example, I think every other one that I saw forgot the "Minimum System Requirements" section... Thats a really big part of the review because it decides who can take advantage of the review and who can't.

You wouldn't read a review if you can't download the program because you don't meet the system standards to be able to run it.
This is a great review. I'll have to check out Pirate Bay in the near future ;)
Detailed review, good job man.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SF Reviews] ATF Cleaner Skill 5 1,801 11-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Herm1t