Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Reviews Forum
The title describes all of my idea. I've noticed that they wanted reviews in the OSHIT forum area, however it would be odd to have them mixed up with a whole bunch of random forum threads if someone is looking for a review on a program.

I also had the idea for the reviews on programs. Since there is no benefit of making one, I was wondering if there could be a filter for which ones could be displayed in the Review's forum. That way only top quality reviews are accepted, and ones that are actually detailed and somewhat accurate.

If I was looking for a review on Itunes, I wouldn't want to go looking through the OSHIT area just to find it. (And I know you can use search, but Reviews shouldn't be classified as "off topic" in any shape or form.)

Any opinions on my idea?
It hasn't really been active recently.. we don't even have 10 members.
(11-27-2010, 10:47 PM)Reality Wrote: It hasn't really been active recently.. we don't even have 10 members.

Thats a good point, maybe people aren't interested in making reviews, but this idea should be held off until then.

Maybe then will it become a better idea. I've been noticing SF has recently been slowing down too in general. Not as many newer replies and threads in the forum anywhere. Part of the reason why i'm posting things like this Smile To give some discussion topics. Not only that, I really believe this would be a good idea, (only if the group was more active, like you've said)
I haven't been able to focus 100% on SF Reviews just recently as I've been busy with college work and such but I do see where you're coming from. I was already aware of the problems that might occur when spreading the reviews right across the board, that's why I created an archive for the time being. If and when Omniscient agrees to make SF Reviews official, I hope Omniscient also considers creating a sub forum for the group. I understand that might sound greedy of me and I don't intend on asking for too much but it would really benefit the group as a whole.

We'll just have to wait and see where things go from here. Maybe some time in the near future we will be able to place all reviews from SF Reviews in a place that can be accessed by everyone with ease. For now, we only have about 5 or 6 reviews which doesn't really meet the criteria of having a forum of its own.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Well said. There's nothing that I could disagree with you in that comment. It would benefit all of SupportForums to have our own review area, however since there isn't that many at the moment, and it's a newly created group, it wouldn't be practical to make a forum just yet. But this idea can always be a reminder for the future.

I can start making a few reviews as well. I'll try to start doing that.
I Personally think that the group should become official.
(11-23-2010, 08:40 PM)Guest Wrote: Alright, did the 'Support' get removed from SupportForums?
You're not a good Emotional Helper.
(11-28-2010, 01:39 PM)Proof Wrote: I Personally think that the group should become official.

I would agree on that too, but the Graphic Masters group isn't even an official group yet, and it's probably one of the most popular on the forum. It meets all the requirements, and Fragma sent a message to Omniscient for approval, but it's not an official group quite yet. This group makes a lot of sense on SupportForums though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Website Reviews Template Lord_Scorch 6 696 10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Howell