Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Switch. End that fight.
Ubuntu is the most overbloated Linux distro there is. It's actually about as good as just Windows XP with themes.
(10-13-2009, 06:41 AM)Headshot Wrote: Are you like... a part of Ubuntu's staff trying to make Windows + Mac users to switch to Ubuntu? o_O

Yes because obviously they are going to get rich off of it.
Wow, since when is there a 'war'. Obviously disagreements, but war? Nuh-uh...
I actually have the privilage to use all three. I have a macbook, HP desktop, and Ubuntu running on my 'test' laptop.
They all work well, but I need to say I do love Ubuntu. Just stop preaching about it.
Confused
(10-13-2009, 09:10 PM)Etheryte Wrote: Ubuntu is the most overbloated Linux distro there is. It's actually about as good as just Windows XP with themes.
Bandwagon train is about to depart, last call for Etheryte.
"Overbloated" isn't a word by the way, so your argument is invalid. Actually, scratch that. You don't even have an argument to begin with.
The only thing hat turns me off this is the that you SHOULD be using terminal commands, which I'm terrible at remembering. Otherwise, I would most likely convert!
lol. Yes you should use them. They are easy to remeber, it's not TOO bad. Smile
Support the best of ideas ----->

- http://www.vinceking69.blogspot.com -
(10-14-2009, 12:10 AM)D3N Wrote: Bandwagon train is about to depart, last call for Etheryte.
"Overbloated" isn't a word by the way, so your argument is invalid. Actually, scratch that. You don't even have an argument to begin with.

Bandwagon, huh? If you didn't catch my drift, then that's exactly what Ubuntu stands for since... about 2006? All Ubuntu really did was make a humongous marketing campaign, it's not that special of a distro.
Linux will never have the market share that Microsoft or Apple have.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
(10-14-2009, 08:25 AM)Code King Wrote: Linux will never have the market share that Microsoft or Apple have.

I wouldn't say that it's becoming popular is businesses because it's so flexible. Maybe not for their usual PCs behind the desk people but when they need something specific linux is huge now. And, well with netbooks becoming more popular linux is only the rise. All it needs it more hardware suppliers and traditional software companies(like adobe).
(10-14-2009, 08:25 AM)Code King Wrote: Linux will never have the market share that Microsoft or Apple have.

There will always be a percentage of so to say dumb-users, who will use what ever comes pre-installed on their system. However, wherever there is a need for system that has practically no chance of error (eg. submarines, space technology etc.), they use Linux, not too different in base from what's running on your own system.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  switch jailbreak? Miku 1 996 12-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ