Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Debate Section.
I think it would be fun to have a debate section. In this section we could debate things such as news, politics and the everyday life.
[Image: pineapple.gif]
I agree with that, a sub-forum on OSHIT perhaps.
Debates would cause flames... do you really want that to be the cestpool of the forum?
(11-14-2010, 08:44 AM)solaceface Wrote: Debates would cause flames... do you really want that to be the cestpool of the forum?

This isn't HF, I think we're mature enough to respect each other when debating if we can help with personal questions in the ESS.
(11-14-2010, 08:47 AM)Sam Wrote: This isn't HF, I think we're mature enough to respect each other when debating if we can help with personal questions in the ESS.
If you can put that much trust into your members, then have at it.
"I think we're mature enough to respect each other" I give you a mature debate. Not. Link.
Someone with no history is nothing but suspicious.
(11-14-2010, 08:47 AM)Sam Wrote: This isn't HF, I think we're mature enough to respect each other when debating if we can help with personal questions in the ESS.
I agree, which is why I suggested this on here. Debates on HackForums would lead to some nasty crap.
(11-14-2010, 08:57 AM)Ameise Wrote: "I think we're mature enough to respect each other" I give you a mature debate. Not. Link.
I don't exactly see what was not mature in that topic. Would you mind specifically quoting?
Well, first of all he thought I was trolling, and there was a comment, but that was deleted, so I suppose it was a mature discussion after all.
(11-14-2010, 09:26 AM)Ameise Wrote: Well, first of all he thought I was trolling, and there was a comment, but that was deleted, so I suppose it was a mature discussion after all.
Being called a Troll is neither mature nor immature. It's more or less disrespectful to the original poster. (Just my opinion)
(11-14-2010, 09:28 AM)Pineapple Wrote: Being called a Troll is neither mature nor immature. It's more or less disrespectful to the original poster. (Just my opinion)

In that case, it shows that SF can uphold a mature debate, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have a sub-forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Suggestion] Debate Section Hуѕтєяιa X™ 8 2,230 06-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Hуѕтєяιa X™
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,266 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  Debate team RDCA 32 7,693 03-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Impurity
  [Suggestion] Software Release Section or Ruby Section Jordan L. 9 2,568 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.
  Debate section iHeartWindows 12 1,825 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Skill