Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't cope, break up after 2 years.
Instead of reiterating what's been said. I'm going to ask you to try something from a different standpoint. Honestly try to assess how the relationship was doing. Sometimes, it's hard to see that you may actually be showing less affection to your partner. Other times, you two may actually fight quite often. Have they gotten frequent over the past two years? I don't know how old you are, but you sound young--I don't mean this in any condescending way--and two years is a lot of time for even older people.

What I'm trying to say is that many times, couples can get comfortable with a relationship. They become complacent. The feeling of emptiness you feel after a break up could be the feeling of having to break a habit cold turkey; you may have just gotten used to having her around.

By stating all of this, I'm not trying to claim this is the way things must have been. I don't know anything about your situation to make such a claim. My thoughts come from having my girlfriend of almost four years break up with me about three months ago. I loved this woman and still do. I could never say no to her; I'm in tens of thousands of dollars of debt because I tried my best to give her everything for which she asked. However, after some introspection following the break up, I realized it may have been for the best. She's still my best friend though. No one in the world knows me better.
I would tell her how you feel. This does sound like it should be coming from Dr. Phil, but that's honestly what I would do.
(11-13-2010, 09:29 AM)SYNTAX ERR0R Wrote: Hey man,

I am in exactly the same situation. She had a heart of gold and did a lot for me. I hate what I am doing but I know we don't make each other happy. Feel free to Drop me a PM.

He need to register to be able to send PM.

OP, register on SupportForums if you want to send PM to any user.

On Topic: Well I can't help you too much on this but I think that you still have the chance to go back with her because the problem that caused the break up is not that major...
Bro, go get your girl back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  /rant about the past few years.. [LONG STORY AND POORLY WRITTEN] Elxuraitor 1 693 02-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Last Post: l[DG]l Goat
  Moving on more than 2 years after breakup irishbella 13 11,183 05-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Annmorris
  Party for new years. ๖ۣۜHacker™ 5 1,270 12-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ
  Should I break up with her? roody poo 3 689 10-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Last Post: 90k
  I've just had a kind of break down.. K3STR3Lx 6 1,140 09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Last Post: D3xus