Poll: Which one is best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Desktop
54.17%
26 54.17%
Laptop
45.83%
22 45.83%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Desktop Vs Laptop
I have a desktop and a laptop. I mainly use my laptop, as the desktop is a shared computer. I enjoy laptops because they are portable and more lightweight, but desktops because they are easy to customise, have more power, and can play games well. (Well, most can).
I prefer Desktops.
But if you travel, or dont mind a sore finger from the trackpad, get a laptop
Desktop

msg2short
still
again
I use laptop only... for me desk is for ppl who can sit all time in chair (i like comfort Big Grin i cant put old CRT on my bed XD), for gamers who like great performance and quality...
I have Lenovo n100, 2Ghz dual core, 3gb RAM, but have integrated 945GM graphic card and that sucks. Laptop is great for ppl who like portability,privacy.. Laptop have (for my view) 3 minus - 1. Battery Lifetime, 2. Parts is much expensive, 3. Heating.
Desks are good but i preffer laptops Smile
"The quieter you became, the more you are able to hear"
"Sharing is great, valuable act"
[Image: nfnzsz.png]
[Image: 125426427533550098.gif]
Well, I mainly use my laptop (Going to get a new one at the end of the week, perhaps.)

Trashed my desktop a while back.. Took the HDD before I did, though.

I WILL buy a new desktop computer soon, while I am at it.
I just use my laptop at the moment.. But i'm thinking about setting up my PC again.

iBruteForce: Why do you need 16gb of ram?
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
@iBruteforce

16gb of ram is very unnecessary, as your computer don't know how to use all that RAM yet. What programs do actually use 16gbs of RAM? None in these days, so I don't see the point. Tongue
(10-21-2009, 09:47 AM)Byakuya Wrote: @iBruteforce

16gb of ram is very unnecessary, as your computer don't know how to use all that RAM yet. What programs do actually use 16gbs of RAM? None in these days, so I don't see the point. Tongue
He's preparing for the very near future. In 5 years 16gbs of RAM won't be uncommon. I plan on getting even more than that soon.

And I'm sure you can really tell the difference when running multiple heavy resource processes. Games, HD video editing ect.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Well yea, i prefer Desktop, and i'm using it. When you're traveling you can get laptop.
Alright glad I am here to save the day ladies! As you may have seen from my username, I own a Dell Latitude D630 which is a laptop, and before I go into detail about my laptop I would also like to mention that I have a Dell Dimension 4800 which a desktop. Now I will give you some spec's on both of them.

Laptop, Dell Latitude D630:
Processor, T7800, 2.6, 4MB Core Merom, 2 Core Duo
Hard Drive, 80GB, Free Fall Sensor, 9.5, 7.2K, Seagate Galileo
Dual In Line Memory Module 4GB, 667, 256X64, 8K, 200
Video Graphics Card, 8128MB, Shared With System Ram

Desktop, Dell Dimension 4800: