Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF slow over the past few days
SF been sometimes offline for me too.
Never really long though.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
(11-10-2010, 05:16 PM)Extra Wrote: Try Chrome for awhile, it's super fast =)

yes the command is ipconfig /flushdns

And run CCleaner, and TFC Those might help.[/QUOTE]

I've tried Chrome, and like any reasonable person i hate it. It is simply an entry onto the web and not usable to anyone that needs options.

Also, i use Linux so your measly windows commands don't work. Smile Same goes for CCleaner.

As i stated before, it is NOT a problem with my browser(s), OS's or network. Thank you for not reading the thread.
(11-11-2010, 12:14 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: I've tried Chrome, and like any reasonable person i hate it. It is simply an entry onto the web and not usable to anyone that needs options.

Also, i use Linux so your measly windows commands don't work. Smile Same goes for CCleaner.

As i stated before, it is NOT a problem with my browser(s), OS's or network. Thank you for not reading the thread.

People have read your thread, but as said before by a few other people. Not everyone was experience a change in the page load time. So that would have been the next guess without a doubt.
SF is now using a new filtering service. It appears to be working well overall but some members may experience slowdown or even outages. I'm watching logs to make sure site is not adversely effected too much.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Allot of activity? Maybe omni needs to update host.
It's a good thing if it's cause of the activity. Smile

Owh, it's the filter thing. What is it exactly filtering?
[Image: 58iH.gif]
It's still slower than it used to be for me. Sad

Connecting from the UK btw.
Same here from the UK, slower than it's even been before.
(11-15-2010, 01:19 PM)C4Vendetta Wrote: Allot of activity? Maybe omni needs to update host.
It's a good thing if it's cause of the activity. Smile

Owh, it's the filter thing. What is it exactly filtering?

Filtering is blocking something out, for example some sites disallow a certain IP range to block some areas/regions/contries etc. Could also be content filtering, like when you can't post a swear word on a family forum?

He didn't specify anything, but website filtering can be numerous things.
It's all fine for me now. Seems like the new service was messing us up a bit but it's all fine now.
I got a 502 Error yesterday, but other than that it was running fine.
Someone with no history is nothing but suspicious.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Past 24 Hours Stats Eve 11 2,040 02-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Mystic Guru
  Slow connectivity Untouch 11 1,572 10-03-2010, 05:13 AM
Last Post: phire nuk3r
  SF is going Extremely Slow... Statics 16 1,862 07-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Question regarding 'Past 24 Hour Stats' Beano 2 762 06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Skill
  A bit slow lately? RPicard 13 1,993 12-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Skill