Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[TUT] How to make a simple WebBrowser in VB 2010! [TUT] - [ Pictures]
Hey Support Forums,

I have decided to make a new tutorial for new members to learn how to code, this is my tutorial on how to make a web browser. This tutorial was created by me a VERY long time ago but it still works and it is effective. Here it is:

Required items in order to successfully follow this tutorial:

• Visual Studio/basic 2010
  • Some coding skills
  • A brain
  • Able to understand and read English!

Firstly, you must open Visual Basic 2010 and then click new project and choose the windows form application as explained in the following picture:

Secondly, you can change the name of the browser and the size by doing the following:

Thirdly, you must add a panel by simply clicking the toolbox in the top left corner and do the following:

Fourthly, you must go to toolbox (once again) and choose WebBrowser and do the following:

Fifthly, you must open toolbox and add buttons (five of them in fact) and do the following with them:

Sixthly, you must re-name the buttons into what I have done in the following picture:

Sevently, you must add a textbox and extend it as I have done. You must also add a label, all of the required objects in this step are in the toolbox.

Eighthly, you must add a statusstrip at the bottom of the webbrowser as I have done, you can obtain the status bar from the toolbar.

Tenthly, it is finally time to get some coding done!, double click the buttons before you add the codes, he codes for the buttons are below:

Back Button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.GoBack()

Forward Button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.GoForward()

Refresh Button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.Refresh()

Stop Button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.Stop()

Go Button:

Code:
WebBrowser1.Navigate(Textbox1.Text)

The progress bar:
Code:
Private Sub WebBrowser1_ProgressChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserProgressChangedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.ProgressChanged
        Dim p, d, t As Integer
        d = e.CurrentProgress
        t = e.MaximumProgress
        If t < 1 Then t = 1
        p = Int(d / t) * 100
        If p > 100 Or p < 0 Then Exit Sub
        ToolStripProgressBar1.Value = p
    End Sub

After you have added the codes for the buttons you are done!, the codes should be something like this:

This is the whole code:

Code:
Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        WebBrowser1.GoBack()
    End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        WebBrowser1.GoForward()
    End Sub

Private Sub Button4_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button4.Click
        WebBrowser1.Stop()
    End Sub

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click
        WebBrowser1.Refresh()
    End Sub

Private Sub Button5_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button5.Click
        WebBrowser1.Navigate(TextBox1.Text)
    End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_ProgressChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserProgressChangedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.ProgressChanged
        Dim p, d, t As Integer
        d = e.CurrentProgress
        t = e.MaximumProgress
        If t < 1 Then t = 1
        p = Int(d / t) * 100
        If p > 100 Or p < 0 Then Exit Sub
        ToolStripProgressBar1.Value = p
    End Sub
End Class

Finally, after you have done everything and added all the codes etc, you can change the icon of the browser and the name of the things.

This is how it looks like:

If you have any questions, feel free to post in this thread or private message me!

Thank you and enjoy!
10 views and no replies?

Come on guys, Support Forums could do better than this.
Not a bad tutorial by no means but this is a very common tutorial made by people.
(11-10-2010, 08:21 AM)Lin Wrote: Not a bad tutorial by no means but this is a very common tutorial made by people.

Hmm, you are right, this is a really easy tutorial and any one can make it. I am not a really good coder but I like to help therefore I thought this might help out some newbies at Support Forums.
I've seen this tutorial many times on Hackforums, good share for this site though, very detailed.
Thank you for the comment Jet, sorry if this is too common.
I've always wondered how to do this. Perhaps one day I'll get around to installing VB and then I'll code a browser.
(11-12-2010, 09:02 AM)Twicks Wrote: I've always wondered how to do this. Perhaps one day I'll get around to installing VB and then I'll code a browser.

Hmm, good luck on the Twicks, hope you will use my tutorial. Victoire
Very nice tutorial, keep the HQ posting up!
[Image: Navineous.gif]
Very good for new members! thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to hook the keyboard. [VB.NET] [TuT] Vorfin 92 53,913 09-23-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Jamimartin
  [TUT]Creating Advanced Web Browser with Awesome Theme Imaking31 0 1,320 05-25-2013, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Imaking31
  How To make an advanced Operating System in Visual Basic 2010 ? Mohamed Samir 9 11,381 01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  VB.NET Port Scanner [TUT] Fragma 30 12,596 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: ƃu∀ ıʞƃu∀
  [TUT] MD5 Encrypter & Finder [VB.NET] Fragma 12 6,867 11-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Last Post: ƃu∀ ıʞƃu∀