Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Need Help Badly]-- What is the best way to learn? ):
So, I have been trying VB.net for some time. It's been more than 1 month. I've been following web tutorials. But after all of that, I don't feel confident. I can do basic things, but I want a bit more advance stuff. I bought a book, but I don't understand most of it. Specially after coming to things like "enum"...

I'm confused & I'm about to give up. I was thinking about Python, but when I asked my cousin about it(he's a programmer of VB.NET, PHP, C++, SQL, JavaScript,HTML etc), He said to stick with VB.net.... But I'm confused & I believe I'm not in the correct path. I need some good source to learn. Wacko

Any help?
Try TeachMeComputer's YouTube videos.
[Image: cooldude.png]

(09-05-2011, 08:36 AM)Orgy Wrote: If you understand what you're doing, you aren't learning anything. ;)
I would say the MSDN documentation would also be a good resource for you. If you're having trouble, click the link in my signature "Visit My MSDN Profile", ignore my profile, but those forums are what you should be looking at. You'll get lots of help there. Or my forum too Smile If you wanted to help support our community. VB.NET is VERY popular on my forum, and you'll get tons of help there as well.
Your not on the god path of actually learning, the language is the right path but not the learning curve.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
I learned everything i know from just messing around with different things or Google'ing.

There's several users on YouTube that have a complete 'series' revolving around learning VB.NET.
Just like most people, use Google or YouTube. Their are many sources out their to help you progress and learn.
Hello. My first programming language was VB.NET and I had learnt a lot from it.

Here is how I did it: add a control I need on my program. Add a button. Go into the button's click event. type the other control's name and see the list of the properties I can use.

In other words, I explored the properties of the controls myself. And, if I needed any help I would go and search it on Google.

I suggest you choose one project that you really want to make and start making it. Search on Google to see how to make that project. (I started off with a Web Browser and it has gone pretty far: http://www.zera.co.nr/)

If you don't understand anything or can't find anything then please ask on this forum.
Chk the yt chanel teachmecomputer and thenewboston n if u r willing to read thn msdn is the way to go
Hi,
I'm studying VB.Net since 2010 so, when i started i followed some tutorials on YT on this channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/TeachMeComputer
Very good explained and nice video quality.
If you need some more help send me a PM!
Cya!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want to learn VB Fravras 5 1,266 03-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Matijasevic
  What will I accomplish if I learn VB n00bikscube 7 2,034 04-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Which language to learn after VB? thanasis2028 32 5,883 09-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Last Post: norradjer99™