Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Free Antivirus?
(03-11-2012, 08:16 PM)Elegant Wrote: As stated above try using AVG I used to use it but then I got McAfee and it's pretty good, does a good job as I see it now.

McAfee is terrible, it's a prime target because it's included for free in so many computers; I'd stay clear of it entirely.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
This thread is incredibly old, but I'd like to throw in my two cents.

The best antivirus is common sense.

Knowing when to scan things with Anubis and Virustotal and running programs Sandbox even afterwards are great measures you can take to ensuring that you never get infected.

Personally, I have Malware Bytes (Because I got the PRO code for free, and boy do I regret it... I feel like it does nothing but spam me with warnings) as well as Microsoft Security Essentials (and let's face it, what's the point in that. XD)

Moreover, the viruses I catch are usually from programs I search on VirusTotal and Anubis. The binded ones that slip by VirusTotal always get caught by Sandboxie.

So just be vigilient and you will not get infected.
COMODO and Panda Cloud are both good free anti-virus's I have used both and am still using COMODO.
[Image: sfsig.png]
(03-12-2012, 11:16 AM)Soldier Wrote: COMODO and Panda Cloud are both good free anti-virus's I have used both and am still using COMODO.

Comodo is not an anti-virus, Panda is very unknown and pretty bad AV as it is one of the last things to detect crypters.
[Image: in2Z5.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antivirus working properly? [Test] AceInfinity 12 3,184 12-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Dashie
  Best/Good antivirus? Lеgеnd 18 4,269 12-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Last Post: prince_of_persia