Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humpty Dumpty [3D]
(11-09-2010, 12:01 PM)Ameise Wrote: I like how no where in the rythm an egg wasn't even mentioned and yet, a film about a killer egg? Well. I'll watch it anyway.

The egg was a metaphor for the puzzle of the rhyme. It's not just some story some random person made up. If you do some research you'll find that the egg was long used as a legend to depict the puzzle of when the object/person fell off the wall they were sitting on, whether it was one side or the other, the person couldn't be put back together. Not being able to be put back together was symbolism for how his life had changed because they couldn't 'place' him back on the wall to make a change to which side he fell on.

Some say this could have been an analogy for decision making, and the fine line in between. Theres LOTS of background history though, thats just one of them that i've gathered so far, and which makes most sense to me.

You're right though, movie makers aren't necessarily historical geniuses Smile They've gotten a few things wrong in the movie Braveheart for example, in terms of being accurate for the events that went on in Great Britain. Thats just the effect of low budget movies, but in this case, the most common image of humpty dumpty is an egg. So if it was a person, it wouldn't make sense to the common viewer, and would most likely be less popular, and raise less money from the consumers if they decide to make DVD's and all that after the theater preview.
This is good.
If I have kids and they are being annoying I will let them watch this.
3D is coming out in every movie.
Too bad where I live we don't have an iMAX or anything.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
iMAX Rocks.. I really thing that it's good they make movies in 3d.. really spices the movie experience up!