Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Layout
I'm really not liking the new layout of the search bar, I think it looks really bad at the top.
It needs changed. Oui

Also something looks weird with the buttons: home, coding support, computer support, webmaster support and site groups. Is it the white bar maybe.

Edit: This has been sorted can now be locked.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Are you using Internet Explorer? There has been problems in the past with the Search box where in Internet Explorer it is spread across the whole of the page.

Can you post a screenshot of the tabs? I'm having trouble understanding your problem.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Yeah I checked other browsers and they where normal, it's just IE.
Here's what it looks like in IE:
If you're using an older version of Internet Explorer then I suggest you update it. It might just resolve the problem. I haven't got an updated version of Internet Explorer so I'm not 100% sure but I think I recall someone saying Internet Explorer 8 was fine.

Yet again, the white underlines on the tabs seem to only be a problem with Internet Explorer 7, maybe 8. Can you confirm what version you are currently using?
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Yeah, there should be no problem with the way the search bar looks right now. Here's what it looks like for me:

[Image: 1zqr08z.jpg]
It normally looks like that for me, this is the first time it has happened.
I use Internet Explorer 8 and have done since it came out and have all the updates.
(11-06-2010, 03:54 PM)Untouch Wrote: It normally looks like that for me, this is the first time it has happened.
I use Internet Explorer 8 and have done since it came out and have all the updates.

I'm a webmaster myself and I can tell you that you're very unlikely to get the same look for every web browser Smile Theres big differences especially between firefox and IE, google chrome is similar to the way it views web pages with firefox, and safari and all those others are their own kind for the most part.
Yeah but I use IE 8 everyday and this is the first time it has happened. I'm not using a different browser than normal. It was fine earlier today too.
If it's just a one off, try clearing your cache and cookies for SF.
(11-06-2010, 03:59 PM)Untouch Wrote: Yeah but I use IE 8 everyday and this is the first time it has happened. I'm not using a different browser than normal. It was fine earlier today too.

Maybe omni changed the css or something else on the site though, and the setting was incompatible with some browsers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Category Layout Omniscient 27 4,073 11-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  New layout? Pali 7 1,033 12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  4 Layout Theme Choices Omniscient 43 7,119 04-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Last Post: Quintus
  New Subforums Layout In Columns Omniscient 5 906 11-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Last Post: UID=0