Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GrubHub Clone - Advice Needed
For awhile I've been planning to build a website that would be such a unique tool for people, and would make life so much easier. After extensive research on the genre I found nothing of the sort until today. I don't know how I didn't stumble onto GrubHub earlier, I must be because I live in the SE USA and GrubHub only services select cities, but it's there - and it's the same idea i thought was so unique... To a T.

So, after the initial shock and dissapointment, I thought it may still be wise to pursue this endeavor BECAUSE they only service select cities. My goal is to create the service for the Southeast's big cities and surrounding areas such as Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, ect.

Now that the cat is out of the box, and apparantly has been since 04, I feel comfortable with asking for assistance rather than create the site all by myself, which I have been doing due to fear of letting the idea out.

I guess a bright note is, they have a site in place which is exactly like I have envisioned, so there is a model to follow. I do have some unique ideas to add to it, however.

So how about it, anyone care to jump aboard?
There are several places where you can order food online and have it delivered to you. It wouldn't be profitable in smaller cities, that's why it's not available in some places.

My advice: Find something else or give up.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Your not seeing the point. I'm not looking to make a profit from the site, per say. I'm looking to get a huge userbase because it is a free service, then, well we will see. I know there are other ways to order food online, but my idea, and GrubHub's apparantley, was for the user to type in their address and see all who will deliver to it, as well as which stores are open/closed. This is different in the sense the user won't recieve 10 "Pizza Hut" locations in their city when they search "pizza", but only the one that will deliver to them.
Also, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami, ect are large cities. Cities where they don't have a service. It may be profitable to build this site for such cities an possibly entertain a buy offer from a site such as GrubHub.
Guys, Please take a look this www.roamsofttech.com
Hi all,

Take a look at this also.

If your thinking of starting up a website similar to this, perhaps for another country, this solution will meet all your needs.
Supports online payments and multiple languages. Developed in the MVC architecture and so very easy to modify!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  !URGENT HELP NEEDED! Flash site help needed MeowMonster1344 2 912 07-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Web
  Hot Spot Shield Clone Script? Fire-star 0 1,521 02-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Fire-star