Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
parse error
Recently I'm getting this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NS_SEPARATOR, expecting T_STRING in ... blah blah blah .

I don't remember what I have done since there are a lot of changes on my site.. My host just transferred a server and me did some customization on my template.

here is my problem, whenever I edit my template, adding some buttons and images, this will give me the error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NS_SEPARATOR, expecting T_STRING in ... blah blah blah .", and my site will messed up.

I know the fix to this, I will just restore my database and everything back to normal..

and I notice some post of my members (after database restored and getting back to normal) that if they have to post messages having this characters "'", it will be automatically appended with some "\\".. Even the titles of the thread..

PS, whenver I edit the template, the codes that I have edited are also appended with this one "\\" and all part of the code got messed.

please help, I have search this problem and they pointed that this is a host server issues. But my Host told me that they already did the solution suggested by the communtity .. here it is
Code:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-65555.html

here is my site.. try posting some threads with a '" characters and see the results.
Code:
www.pinoy-warez.com
Upload a phptest file to your webspace. Make a test.php file and have it do phpinfo(). Go to that place, and see what version of PHP you are using. If you're using 5.3 ask your host to disable magic quotes.

Specifically ask them to disable magic quotes. Remember, just because they are hosting you doesn't necessarily mean they have a clue what they are doing Tongue.

Magic Quotes seems to be the sure issue of what's going on around here.
thanks for the reply.

I have checked it.. it's PHP 5.3.3

ok' I'll ask them again.. How should I check if my host disable or enabled it?.. they really insist that they have already disabled it.
Try doing what this post describes:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-65555-p...#pid470968

If that doesn't work, backup your database then disable your plugins(all of them). See if you are still having the error.

Also, in your test.php delete phpinfo() and run this

Code:
if(get_magic_quotes_gpc())
    echo "enabled";
else
    echo "disabled";

and see if it's either enabled or disabled.
the link you have given already banned me coz the don't support warez.. hehe

look, my host shows that he already disabled the function [Image: z68i04.png]

having trouble here, I planned to get back to VB platform.. is that possible?
"
I used to have mysterious issues when editing the templates because of Codepress putting random lines, spaces, and repeating characters. I just always go into the Admin CP > Home > Preferences > Global Preferences > Turn on / off Codepress > Set to "No". "

Try that I suppose.

Yes, going to vB is possible using their impex system to merge from myBB to vB.
already tried it and it's the same, nothing has change..

Even if possible, I will all lose my current links and I would not risk to that. better to stay at mybb. but this problem bothers me.