Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Up MyBB for a Premium Membership
There are probably a lot of people here wondering "How do I set up MyBB Premium Memberships correctly".

This topic assumes you have installed MyBB and a custom theme.

First, you need to think "What can I offer that's worth a Premium Membership?" (you can call them whatever you like) I will take my forum here for example. This thread gives the benefits of upgrading to an upgraded account (I have 2 classes). As you can see, as a member upgrades they gain more and more different things they can do on their account on the forums.

If people aren't given incentives, why would they upgrade?

You also need to have a seperate user group (created in your ACP) for this group. Make sure you get some kind of image for at least the premium members. If you can't or just don't want to make one, there are images all over the web for you, just Gearch for some.

A good way to get some plugins to use to help you give these features is to get a subscription at MyBB Central.

There is also another good place to get some good plugins at MyBB Source.

You also should think about making an upgraded account only area of the forum for them to post things. This is especially good in a forum that has the ability to allow members to sell things. It will give them an opportunity to only sell to the VIP guys.

Now, you have all this set up. You need a way for them to pay you. There are 2 methods I use on my site. I use a manual payment and manual change to their group through PayPal and AlertPay. You can also set it up, especially if you only have one upgraded group, using MyIPN (You must be a subscriber to download) and configure it with your PAYPAL (only PayPal works right now unless you know some PHP).

There really isn't much else to talk about with this. The key is giving the members something that they will benefit with.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I see you took my "advice" Tongue

Quote:You also need to have a seperate user group (created in your ACP) for this group. Make sure you get some kind of image for at least the premium members. If you can't or just don't want to make one, there are images all over the web for you, just Gearch for some.

Spelling mistake "Gearch" instead of Search?
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Nope, Google + Search = Gearch.
Okay, I thought so but thought I would point it out just incase Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I'm trying to get a new fad going :p

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Premium] Modern - Fully responsive for MyBB 1.8 thanhtua4 1 1,463 06-30-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: thanhtua4
  [Release] Flat Desire : Stunning Flat Premium MyBB Theme envira 1 2,139 10-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nasyr
  [[Release] TeslaDark Premium Flat Modern Dark MyBB Theme envira 1 1,376 04-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: y8tvkid
  [Release] LightDesire Premium MyBB Theme : Beauty at its best envira 0 1,129 08-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Last Post: envira
  [release] Encolor : mybb theme with color changer[premium release-Envira Design envira 10 3,377 05-16-2012, 05:16 AM
Last Post: DAMINKā„¢