Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[New!!] Video Graphic Effects - Rate
Looks good, but not the best. Sounds could be worked on a bit more. 5/10
Not a big fan mate. It's too flashy. Keep trying though!
`Albania Wrote:It's not synced in well.

5/10

Watch tutorials on YouTube, they have a lot of guides on how to make a good introduction.

It is synced, youtube changed it a bit after I uploaded the video since I have the file compressed with a codec.
1001tucker Wrote:3/10..

I wish you would of used electricity bouncing back in forth and actually synced the sounds like albania said.

It was originally synced. And if I used electricity bouncing back and forth the file would be larger, and I don't want an intro video to take up 30 seconds for my youtube use. People will want to fast forward through that anyway and it takes up time out of that 10 minute limit that they give you.

MattG Wrote:Looks good, but not the best. Sounds could be worked on a bit more. 5/10

I didn't create the sounds

Fragma Wrote:Not a big fan mate. It's too flashy. Keep trying though!

lol that was the point, it's a light ray plugin effect. I added the rainbow spectrum to make that effect come out even more Smile

We don't have a distinct video editing area on the forum, and I didn't see anything else posted so I added one just to see what you guys thought
I agree there should be a Video Editing section. Would be a great addition.
(11-25-2010, 10:06 AM)Fragma Wrote: I agree there should be a Video Editing section. Would be a great addition.

It would also help people with programs like camtasia studio and other screen recording software, codecs (related to video compression), and a lot more.

I'm not great at this sort of stuff, but i'm learning. The only problem I had with Adobe After effects to create this video is that the output was around 5GB! uncompressed.. You can't change that. You have to save the output with a codec usually to compress the file. Some people use Xvid I think, and I just used the H720 setting or whatever it was H270? I haven't looked but I can't remember. It was a DVD setting for the video though.

I haven't figured out how to compress and keep the video quality very well with after effects..
(11-25-2010, 06:10 PM)Infinity Wrote: It would also help people with programs like camtasia studio and other screen recording software, codecs (related to video compression), and a lot more.

I'm not great at this sort of stuff, but i'm learning. The only problem I had with Adobe After effects to create this video is that the output was around 5GB! uncompressed.. You can't change that. You have to save the output with a codec usually to compress the file. Some people use Xvid I think, and I just used the H720 setting or whatever it was H270? I haven't looked but I can't remember. It was a DVD setting for the video though.

I haven't figured out how to compress and keep the video quality very well with after effects..

5GB is a rediculous size for the animation you've made. I can't understand why that was the output.
Can you post your render settings and export settings, I will try and correct them for you.
What is your FPS?
Use the H260 codec in future.
Also for animations, you should generally have your dimensions as 1024x576px

(10-25-2010, 09:14 AM)Untouch Wrote: Doesn't look too attractive or exciting for an intro though.
Try using cinema 4d for intro's or advanced tutorials in after effects. Smile

After effects is perfectly fine for intros. No need to use Cinema 4D. But ye I agree with reading some tutorials.
Well I am using AAE for a long time, and I must to say that this is really easy to do. And is does not look really good.
So I will rate it 3/10.
But with a bit more of effects that could be pretty cool.
Like auto-writing or something...
[Image: spring.png]
H260 codec was the one I used. Thats the codec this youtube video is formatted in as of right now. 5GB was the output without a codec, and uncompressed. I did that so I knew how much each codec was compressing the file by.

And I was thinking on doing another project like this with a typewriter effect or auto handwriting as you put it. The typewriter idea is suitable for the programming cliche. Maybe even some fast scrolling numbers and letters

You wouldn't mind posting one of your creations on support forums would you "echo.phyber"? so far I have yet to see someone elses work with video software. I didn't follow any tutorials to do this one either or use any project file templates. But i'd be interested in seeing someones own creations for my own ideas in the future. Plugins for extra effects with adobe after effects seem to be pretty damn expensive from what i'm looking at. I do have a few added ones from sources that I won't reveal on this site because of the rules though.
It's OK.
But needs quit some work. Google Adobe After effects Video Co-Pilot.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
Code:
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/

Thanks for this Smile It looks like a good place for resources. There's pretty much everything that i'll need to get a good start on this. I knew I had a lot to learn, but i'm very open minded to the things that I have to learn as well as things that I don't need to learn to create something "good"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graphic Design Dictionary Fragma 62 23,846 07-08-2020, 01:45 AM
Last Post: viraj
  [Rate] Rate My HF Wallpaper Please <3 :) D Generation X 59 5,495 03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Toph
  What is the best graphic design software to use in learning graphic design? sponnerjhon 25 5,219 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
  role of graphic design dotline 3 870 03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
  Rate my graphic! *SMUDGE* v11 8 1,286 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Egg