Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Issues (Disorders)
Mental Disorders

1. Organic Disorder: physical illness/injury that affects the brain. (ex. tumors, infections, etc.)

2. Functional Disorder: psychological cause, not brain damage. (ex. heredity, fear)

3. Phobia: strong, irrational fear of something specific. (ex. gunman coming to school, spiders, etc.)

4. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD): trapped in a pattern with repeated thoughts or behavior: persistent. (ex. tapping, can't sit still.)

5. Panic Disorder: sudden unexplained feelings that can't be helped. (ex. taking the bus because you think if you take a plane, it will crash.)

6. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): exposure to a terrifying event that threatened or caused physical harm.

7. Mood Disorder: mood extremes that interfere with everyday living. (ex. sad one day, the next angry.)

8. Bipolar Disorder: extreme mood changes, levels and behavior.

9. Clinical Depression: feeling of sadness, hopelessness, despair that is lasting for weeks and interfere with daily living.

10. Eating Disorder: obesession with bodily image and thinness, to a point that you will not eat for weeks to get skinny.

11. Conduct Disorder: right of others or basic social rules are violated.

12. Schizophrenia (most severe): a person losses contact with reality and usually commits suicide.

13. Anti Social Personality Disorder: irritable, aggressive, impulsive and violent.

14. Border-Line Personality Disorder: engages in high risk activities.

15. Passive Aggressive Personality Disorder: uncooperative, resent being told what to do, angers over issues of control.

I hope this helps.
Thanks to me and my 9th grade Health Teacher (Ms.Roll). She put this together. I took the notes. I spent alot of time doing this, so i hope this helps.
#15 is very similar to me during my school days.
(10-22-2010, 05:47 PM)Jay Wrote: #15 is very similar to me during my school days.

I know. I posted this on Hf and here just to the see the comments i would get back. Not really getting that many, besides the ones on kids raging about which ones they have and how i spelt something wrong and put in colors ahaah.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I got serious issues! Headshot 26 3,511 10-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Headshot