Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i feel very lonly
taekwondo mainly, i also jog and take photos of the sky
and play cod
Do you get along with anyone that you train with? Can you run, fast. As in join the track team? Are you taking any photography classes? Hopefully you take opportunities like this as they connect you with people that enjoy doing what you enjoy doing.

Less awkward conversations and more meaningful ones since you can understand where you're both coming from. The point is you won't be alone forever, just like that friend came, another one will come. People like to believe they're unique but with the population on the planet you will connect with more than one of them. There are people that feel just like you do right now and enjoy the same things you enjoy.
-Polite-Active-Respectful-Atheist-Donator-Obliging-xerox?-
Are you trolling me? I don't care. Your thread may help someone that was too embarrassed to ask.
i havn't realy got the time to take up anymore things like that. pretty busy with school.
i should probably go to sleep now. it's 10 to 11 in england
thanks for talking.
i might post again tommorow
Alright goodnight my friend I hope you feel better soon, and please post again. You seem like a good guy.
-Polite-Active-Respectful-Atheist-Donator-Obliging-xerox?-
Are you trolling me? I don't care. Your thread may help someone that was too embarrassed to ask.
I know idsacley how you feel (Y) I had this problem in my first year of high school. Trust me just try and get into the conversation at hand, have your say and crap pick the moments when its gone quiet. You just need to be constantly thinking of things to say mate.
Please familiarise yourself with the site rules - Linking to adult related content is forbidden.
Find something fun to do man Smile
I need to write here because I've got a similar problem like you've got. Since I've just 'joined' the High School(1st year) I barely know anyone, I honestly just know one guy but he always get drunk and he's with drugs and so on. I've like a few(just a few) people in my class that are nice. I've tried to 'join' their groups but I didn't success. When i gone with them to a shop they weren't talking about anything or just trying to ignore me. if I gone to another city to school I'd have tons of friends because my best friend is there and like 3/4 of my friends. I don't have problems with other people but I just got this bad felling when I'm in the class or with my school mates, it makes it even worse because it looks like 1/2 of the people in my class are totaly ignoring me. I must say this is the worst year of school I've ever had and just for the information, I've tons of IRL friends who actually likes me and we done lots of stuff together and they always wanted me to join them but this is just different here.
[Image: 2dmd5j.png]
Ya know, other "Guest," not everybody has to be a social butterfly. I mean, can you imagine what the world would be like if we ALL went around fluttering our charms all the time? The thing is, you have already experienced what a lot of those butterflies are searching for-a soft "wallflower" to land on. You and your friend developed a meaningful relationship so OF COURSE you miss that. Have you tried to stay in contact with your friend? The internet makes it easy to do so, right? Still, it's important for you to widen out and develop other friendships and we already know you CAN do this-soooo, just do it again. Be mindful not to make unfair comparisons of your 'new' friends to the 'old.' Remember, it takes awhile for the 'new' to wear off and feel comfortable but I'm confident you'll find comfort in new friendships soon.
(10-22-2010, 01:26 PM)Guest Wrote: so i'm a lad in sixth form. i'm clever and i'm managing very well with school.
but just recently my best mate, for about 4 years, left and with him i feel like i've kind of lost all my friends.
i spend most of my free periods and lunch in the library because i have a lot of work to do. but the group of friends that i'm in hang out in front of the school and go into town during frees. i try to be sociable and join them but whenever i do i just find myself standing there saying nothing, feeling awkward. most of them are people i know well and like, but i never seem to be able to interact with them in a group.
this combined with the fact that i'm not very confident with new people it's bit like the phrase "water water everywhere but not a drop to drink". i'm surrounded by friends but feel so alone.
i find myself becoming more and more withdrawn, living life within myself just getting things done, not enjoying much.

to be honest i'm not sure what i hope to gain from posting this here but maybe at least writing this out has helped me understand myself more, and maybe there's someone reading this who could offer usefull words.

This does sound like depression my friend. The feeling isolated and not being comfortable with human interaction are both big symptoms. I recommend going to see a doctor. They can help in many ways even if you don't feel like taking tablets. Counselling for example is a great antidote. Good luck.
LOL (no effence, if any) but thats exactly the way i am with everything, I have some hobbys (coding,gaming) but i still hate talking to anyone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I feel horrible :(( Treblez 1 675 06-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Callum
  I feel as if I have let my dad down... Vaibs 1 740 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Dragon45
  Feel Bored of life and everything it has to offer Nitemare 8 1,771 08-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Clark
  Talking about how i feel NDR1987 1 727 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Chuggaism
  I feel like I've lost everything wheels 1 705 10-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Sinvoid