Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer to another webhost
Hello, I am a newbie webmaster. I'm planning to transfer my current webhost to a paid one.. I don't have any idea on how to transfer it, or mayber to have back up my forum. If you asked me on how did I install my forum, its because of the help of friend but for now, I can't contact him. Please guide me .
So what are you running, just a forum? If so can't you perform a backup via your admin panel? Then on the new host you re-install the forum software and restore your back up.
yeps, just a forum.. What file do I need for the new host?.. is it only the ".gz" file?.. Do I need to contact my old hosting and ask permission to leave?..

another question, how do I get the files from my forums?.. I mean the folders in it.. I want to download them and will try to run it via offline mode.
Here's a full tutorial on how to backup and move a MyBB forum , written by me.

http://mcompute.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=479
7) Create a new database user, grant all permissions, then add it to the database.

how should I set up for grant all permissions on users?..

look, my site was messed up.. pinoy-warez.com
(10-20-2010, 08:32 PM)kizmark Wrote: Hello, I am a newbie webmaster. I'm planning to transfer my current webhost to a paid one.. I don't have any idea on how to transfer it, or mayber to have back up my forum. If you asked me on how did I install my forum, its because of the help of friend but for now, I can't contact him. Please guide me .

PM Omni, hes the best person to talk to about this. Big Grin
I can't search his username here..
You need help. Ask mate.
I will answer whatever question you want should the previous not be met.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

please visit my site.. I can't figure it out what error particularly is.. I already configured the config file.. www.pinoy-warez.com
You're missing a database table. Did you back everything up fully?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reliable managed VPS webhost in Canada? Mirandas 3 399 12-05-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Roisen
  Reliable webhost with Ruby on Rails? Tilsun 4 255 10-28-2022, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Kdstack
  Cheap rate best webhost any one know ? ★ASI_F★™ 7 1,114 08-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Last Post: VentroV
  Do You Need a Reliable Webhost? Peter L 1 725 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Last Post: priyavasanth
  LOOKING FOR A FREE AND UNLIMITED WEBHOST? KingOfHunt3rs 5 761 12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Last Post: ђƹЖąǥǿɲ